Let's Make Some Cash (maybe...)

In the apparent absence of a plethora of summer threads about best ever bald players, players called Bob or whatever I thought we'd see if, depsite Harry Bosch's dismal effort at Brighton last week, there was money to be made by backing horses with an obvious relevance to Latics (probably not I suspect.)

So on the basis of a tenner to win if the predicted SP in the Racing Post is less than 5/1 and a fiver each was if it is 5/1 or bigger let's see how we get on:

Today's bets:

Kelly's Finest, 3.15 at Thirsk - £5 each way

Atletico, 8.20 at Windsor - £10 Win

I expect to see a link here of how Playershare can benefit should anyone open a bookie's account through the webshop.

Playing the game properly £5 e/w on both scoreline 9:10 pontefract and Vicky Valentine 3:15 Thirsk.

Scoreline? Clear Spell? Struggling a bit with the obvious (direct) relevance there and I'm pathologically incapable of backing tww in the same race so Vicky's out as well!

Think I've explained the clear spell fiasco in my edited post above - if it has to be directly relevant as opposed to the obvious general football relevance I'll replace scoreline with Dark defender in the 2:30 at Ayr - or if the potentially marginally racist allusion to Barrett, Hazell et al is disallowed too Blue Jacket to win in the 4:30 at Ayr

I'll probably disallow Dark Defender on the basis that I guess every club in the country has one... Desperately trying to phrase that appropriately and probably failing!

Disallowing a 14/1 winner after the event. You should change your name from Dave_Og to Sepp_Bl ?

Disallowing a 14/1 winner after the event. You should change your name from Dave_Og to Sepp_Bl

Everyone has their price - I just wish someone would try a bit harder to find mine. Kelly's Finest third - play off place.....

Well, the original selections didn't fare too well. Both came in third but as nboth were favourites there's not much to be had from that. A small retun on Kelly's Finest as despite the price it was an each way stab so:

£20 staked

£7 returned

Net loss £13

Poor racing today but I'll go Todd 7:35 Lingfield

So much poor flat racing these days. Was always much more of a jumps fan but the never ending diet of utter dross on the flat (esp AW) has all bu destroed my interest in it.

Westwood hoe in the 3:40 at Haydock tomorrow.

There's a horse called Satanic Mills running in the 5:00 at Beverley which must be Oldham (if not Latics) related. It appears to be to racing what Phil Starbuck was to football though - it's no chance.

Not strictly relevant but just been looking at today's early results on RP app. Usual racing lingo on a daily basis (tracked leaders, made headway, caught and no extra final furlong etc.)

For some reason we are advised that the 3rd horse in today's 2:10 at Haydock "wore ear plugs in paddock" - I think they should use stuff like this more often. Smoked cigar in stable maybe, or donned sheepskin rug in horse box on way to track.

I had a share in a hurdler a few years ago; she won a couple of races for us and went on to breed a winner; great fun but sadly outside my budget these days. She was virtually inseparable from the trainer’s Jack Russell – he slept in her stable and always went in the van to the races when she ran. Can’t recall why but one day he didn’t go; she fretted all the way to the track and ran a shocker. It would have been useful to punters to have that information!

I had a share in a hurdler a few years ago; she won a couple of races for us and went on to breed a winner; great fun but sadly outside my budget these days. She was virtually inseparable from the trainers Jack Russell he slept in her stable and always went in the van to the races when she ran. Cant recall why but one day he didnt go; she fretted all the way to the track and ran a shocker. It would have been useful to punters to have that information!

Sally Gunnell?