Labour leadership hustings, foxes and what have the unions ever done for us?

Matt

Labour Leadership  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote

• Andy Burnham
    • Yvette Cooper
    • Liz Kendall
    • Jeremy Corbyn

Some of them take 100% of the tips, meaning roughly 10% of the price of the meal. As for an admin fee - they'd be spending that money anyway. Like Leeslover says, they like money so much they're prepared to risk the contract with the customer for a very short term and relatively paltry gain from the staff. Your continental and American capitalists laugh in the faces of our bastards because of their stupidity and kick-your-own-face-in meanness.

The Tories have clearly been successful at putting it abroad that unemployed people and other benefit recipients such as the disabled are scum and that it's okay to be unkind to them. Now they're obviously enjoying some success at vilifying the working poor. I wonder what some people will become morally after five more years of this nonsense.

Are you saying these restaurants only started this once the Tories got in?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Tories had balls they'd put Tube drivers and BBC managers on tip based contracts

Don't have time for this now. Some of the Dulwich lads are going over to Calais next week to hand over what they collect at today's match to refugees there. I must away to the farmers market to buy free range non-perishables.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

Don't have time for this now. Some of the Dulwich lads are going over to Calais next week to hand over what they collect at today's match to refugees there. I must away to the farmers market to buy free range non-perishables.

You should be able to fit a fair bit into your Land Cruiser.

Are they getting there by clinging to the bottom of an HGV in an added show of solidarity...?

I read about this the other day, great work. We're trying to get involved using the Shopping Buddy scheme and the Manchester City of Sanctuary.

I read about this the other day, great work. We're trying to get involved using the Shopping Buddy scheme and the Manchester City of Sanctuary.

Properly warms my cockles when people use football to show solidarity and fellow feeling. Shameful that politicians are unable to keep up with communities.

A massive amount of stuff was collected at the match yesterday, including not one but two working guitars.

Dave? Andy? Not tempted by the guitars? :censored:house rats? I can see why you're tempted by the Tories, but now is enough for everyone to forgive you. I promise. If you change now - one-time offer - I won't take you to the forest and sort you out via the medium of my rubber hose and the soles of your :censored: bare feet.

Fair point, but different in many different cases. Certainly in a proper restaurant I'd hope the chefs were on different contracts to the waiting staff and pursuing a profession, in the UK at least the latter tend to be shorter term jobs.

Lower end cooking staff are often minimum wage.

I'm just wondering what factors influence corporations such as Tesco or CBPE Capital to operate a system whereby they keep the money people give to the waiting staff. Genuinely curious as to why they reckon they're entitled to - roughly - 10% on top of what they charge for the meal.

It seems that Tesco agree with you and have started giving 100% of their tips to staff.

I often think that Union's have the wrong priorities but they are simply helping a work force sector which isn't particularly well represented by Unions traditionally and so I have to applaud them ultimately.

Dave? Andy? Not tempted by the guitars? :censored:house rats? I can see why you're tempted by the Tories, but now is enough for everyone to forgive you. I promise. If you change now - one-time offer - I won't take you to the forest and sort you out via the medium of my rubber hose and the soles of your :censored: bare feet.

What's the question?

I don't know. I was massively drunk - for the second day running. It feels as if someone hacked my account.

Very proud that my spelling held up.

I love that/hate that. :grin:

Hungover Sunday mornings trawling last nights internet trail of utter :censored:e & not having to delete too much are about as good as life gets nowadays....