Labour leadership hustings, foxes and what have the unions ever done for us?

Matt

Labour Leadership  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote

• Andy Burnham
    • Yvette Cooper
    • Liz Kendall
    • Jeremy Corbyn

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for those of us who want an alternative to the Tories but are not bigoted morons (UKIP) and are not tree hugging, tax and spend let's target Isis with a leaflet campaign types, and are not Scottish, who do we now vote for as I would imagine we make up quite a large percentage of the population.

And want to "Save our Queen"....

If he would have sung it the outcry would have been massively reduced. You want this man to lead the country and yet he won't even sing our national anthem. Yeah ok.

And want to "Save our Queen"....

If he would have sung it the outcry would have been massively reduced. You want this man to lead the country and yet he won't even sing our national anthem. Yeah ok.

Er no I don't want Corbyn to lead the country I thought I covered that part in the tree hugging bit. Those of us in the centre ground will move towards the Tories at this rate especially as they are now targeting votes in the north in what have in the past been labour strongholds.

Er no I don't want Corbyn to lead the country I thought I covered that part in the tree hugging bit. Those of us in the centre ground will move towards the Tories at this rate especially as they are now targeting votes in the north in what have in the past been labour strongholds.

It leaves the Tories free to take Blair's old territory. They'll be less inclined to try anything radical (tax simplification, sensible drug laws, personal liberty) which some of party would be up for.

bigoted morons (UKIP)

nobody has yet been able to explain why it's bigoted to want to leave the EU and to want to have an Australian/Canadian style points system for immigration (often wonder why the High Commissions of those two countries arent besieged with anti racist demonstrators every day). Oh other than "well I read in the paper the other week that some UKIP parish councillor said something really racist on Facebook".

Anyway, I have digressed from the issue of the day and for that I humbly apologise but I'm tired of the "ooooh, you're a racist you are" nonsense. Read their last manifesto - disagree with it, tear it up and jump up and down on it whilst declaring you've never read so much steaming faeces in your life but try and find the racist propositions....there arent any

So he shagged Abbott?

:omg:

:lol:

to quote a certain shadow cabinet minister said "I'd rather swim through vomit"

That wasn't directed at you FWIW, more of a general point.

Edited by blueatheart

nobody has yet been able to explain why it's bigoted to want to leave the EU and to want to have an Australian/Canadian style points system for immigration (often wonder why the High Commissions of those two countries arent besieged with anti racist demonstrators every day). Oh other than "well I read in the paper the other week that some UKIP parish councillor said something really racist on Facebook".

Anyway, I have digressed from the issue of the day and for that I humbly apologise but I'm tired of the "ooooh, you're a racist you are" nonsense. Read their last manifesto - disagree with it, tear it up and jump up and down on it whilst declaring you've never read so much steaming faeces in your life but try and find the racist propositions....there arent any

A quick google search will show evidence of people within UKIP who have been exposed for bigoted views and making ridiculous statements and gaffes. Like a lot of parties to the hard right they suffer from infighting and shooting themselves in the foot, and for that reason the majority of people including me will never trust them with their fingers anywhere near the nuclear button.

I wonder if she'd have lay back and thought of England if she'd known he wouldn't even sing for it......?

If it was the 70s he was probably singing The Men Behind The Wire. Like leeslover does when he has session wanks thinking about Carl Winchester.

Enjoy your lunch.

So for those of us who want an alternative to the Tories but are not bigoted morons (UKIP) and are not tree hugging, tax and spend let's target Isis with a leaflet campaign types, and are not Scottish, who do we now vote for as I would imagine we make up quite a large percentage of the population.

Why would you "move towards the Tories" just because they are "targeting votes in the north"? I'm genuinely curious about your understanding of democracy. It's looks like a fairly kinky take on paternalism but I can't quite put my finger on it.

If it was the 70s he was probably singing The Men Behind The Wire. Like leeslover does when he has session wanks thinking about Carl Winchester.

Enjoy your lunch.

He once lent me a book by Murray Rothbard. Pages stuck together, stink like you wouldn't believe.

Why would you "move towards the Tories" just because they are "targeting votes in the north"? I'm genuinely curious about your understanding of democracy. It's looks like a fairly kinky take on paternalism but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Because if they say 'Northern Powerhouse' enough times it'll be accepted...

As for the ludicrous pedants and philistines middle classes out there in the home counties...if they engage their brains (a long shot) they might actually go for it. One fact about the general election is that very few voters swung. Middle England decided to stay put. Labour has to do something extra to persuade people to vote Labour when Tories are the incumbents. Lots of people criticised and declined to vote Labour because it didn't stand up for working people, civil liberties, peace, workers' rights and so on. The shorthand for that is Labour lost its soul and therefore became meaningless. Things have changed.

Best way to get the middle class vote is to attack them then????

I voted Labour but I cannot see how middle class Southerners (and from the like of Stockport) didn't vote Labour because it wasn't working class enough. They did it because they feared Labour of the recent past and they feared that Labour wasn't good for the economy. They protected themselves. They won't make the jump to Corbyn, they will go elsewhere and suddenly, the Lib Dems are a player again.

At the last election the Tory candidate for the high peak campaigned on getting Glossop a bypass and a freeze on train fares the labour candidate campaigned on creating jobs in Buxton. I commute everyday to the Manc city centre like a lot of people in Glossop hence I voted for the Tories something I didn't think I'd ever do a lot of people did the same. Whoever usually takes the high peak takes the country it's a marginal seat.

My view on democracy is that you vote for the choice you believe in the closest, but I do believe in voting so no matter how bad the candidates and how much they will inevitably fail to deliver I will vote.

to quote a certain shadow cabinet minister said "I'd rather swim through vomit"

In other news, the grass doesn't cut itself in Essex. How high was it? How high does it need to be before it's deemed mow-worthy? I suppose it can't get too high as it could aide refugees who might like to sneak about undetected. Perhaps there's a job there for a refugee or migrant worker if nobody else can be arsed.

• 3 months later...