To all Oldham fans based in Scotland - 'Offside'

During the Stirling Albion game I must say that I really enjoyed having a chat with a few fellow Oldham fans who, like me, live in Scotland these days but remain loyal to the club.

That got me thinking, why don’t we look to form ourselves into supporter’s group North of the Border; along the lines of OASIS?

So here’s a quick mail just to gauge interest.

A few thoughts:

• We could get together every first Sunday in the month during the season, this would mean our first get together would be on 02nd August, the week before the opening game.
  • We should look to meet at a pub near to Waverly Station. Waverley Station being a destination reasonably accessible (at least) to most fans living near the central belt.
  • A initial idea for the pub in which we meet might be ‘The Guildford Arms’ as this is just a short walk up the road from Waverley Station.
  • The get together would be an afternoon event, maybe starting at midday and lasting for a couple of hours or so.
  • To give ourselves our own identity we could be called something like ‘Offside’ a simple, football themed acronym, generated around the words Oldham, Fans & Scotland.
  • The height of our aspirations at each get together might simply be to discuss the recent Oldham games/results/performances, the next games, player movements etc over a beer or two but most importantly with 'kindred souls‘.
  • ‘Offside’ might go on to think about getting a few quid together to sponsor a player’s shirt or suchlike for the 2015/16 season.
  • We might go on to plan to hire a mini bus for a group excursion to a particular game, or even to car share similarly for other games?

Let me know if you are interested, and what you think. It might be fun.

Martin.

I'm in, great idea! I don't get to many games due to work commitments. I live just outside glasgow.

Was at Stirling game and thought the support was fantastic.

Def interested in mini bus idea or car share for games and would be good meeting up with fellow latics up here.

I'm on holiday until early August but give me a shout about any news. Cheers!

I'm definitely up for this Martin, a great idea. I've lived in Edinburgh for almost 20 years, so would be great to meet up and chat Latics. Having Carlisle as my nearest game was getting a bit desperate, was great to see some familiar faces at Stirling on Friday though.