Oldham 1 Shrewsbury 1 FT

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets just take stock here ... we are unbeaten in four games and the crowd are booing and shouting for the manager to go. Unbelievable Jeff.

It's with some luck that we are unbeaten though, and that luck will run out eventually. We should have got comprehensively beaten last weekend and it sounds like we should have lost today.

I think we should back our players and manager at the game, but I don't think a lot of fans will get over the fact that Kelly is a strange appointment until there are signs that he's not and it's fairly inconclusive at this stage.

As mentioned elsewhere, playing one up front at home is never going to lead to the attractive, attacking football he's promised. He'd do well getting back to basics - 4-4-2, with early crosses into the box. It seems to be working alright for Bournemouth..

It's with some luck that we are unbeaten though, and that luck will run out eventually. We should have got comprehensively beaten last weekend and it sounds like we should have lost today.

I think we should back our players and manager at the game, but I don't think a lot of fans will get over the fact that Kelly is a strange appointment until there are signs that he's not and it's fairly inconclusive at this stage.

As mentioned elsewhere, playing one up front at home is never going to lead to the attractive, attacking football he's promised. He'd do well getting back to basics - 4-4-2, with early crosses into the box. It seems to be working alright for Bournemouth..

bournemouth are bournemouth we are oldham stupid comparison

Can Dunn play in a 4-4-2?

Barring Cassidy, which of our strikers are dangerous from crosses?

To play 4-4-2 we are basically admitting that Green and Dunn were wasted signings.

The formation can be played better and relies on forward runners, particularly from FB positions, which is difficult when both are playing their first games in that position.

Winchester MUST come back in at Bury, possibly for DP and play Jones central.

I think we were, just, the better side.

But they looked more likely to win it.

Does that even make sense?

Cider time.

I thought they were the better side, certainly looked like they knew their jobs better, that they had been sent out to do.

Enjoy the cider.

Johnson was also a strange appointment and actually even more so than Kelly since appointing him set a precedent for strange appointments. Even though early on people voiced concerns at the poisoned dwarf there was no where near the complete animosity that seems to have been aimed at Kelly from day 1 and to be booing and calling for his head from the Main Stand 4 games in and unbeaten in the league is pathetic!!

Good first half for me,thought Jones and Dieng had very good games, Dunn looked good Croft poor for me today, but was happy with the way we played for 60 mins apart from Forte he was very poor apart from his effort first half which was class. Winchester still looks very rusty to me as did Green, I thought that taking Dunn and Croft off was poor, Dunn should of stayed on and played with Green or Winchester, Turner should of been on 20 mins before he was.I would like more running through and having a go than trying to play to a big front man, Cassidy is out the plan needs to change now. I thought crossing the ball in to the box today was never going to get a goal. 60 mins looked good then :censored: draw is poor result.

Pretty average performance today but still should have been 3 points. So pissed off to concede such a crap goal. Danny Philliskirk head the :censored:ing thing and be strong! You were barley touched if at all and you cannot expect the ref to bail you out.

Dieng has to be first choice at right back after that showing today.

My mate at left back 'did a job' not a very good one. I pray Mills injury is only slight.

Wilson and Burn looked solid however we always looked lightweight at corners. Always felt we would concede from one but got away with it thanks to Jones.

The midfield and Forte were 50 yards apart during spells in that 2nd half. The manager must do something in that situation because it nearly cost us today against average opposition. Why does every manager we have stand and watch?

Dunn shows quality on the ball but offers very little without it (clearly still not fit). Can we afford to play Forte and Dunn at the same time as we did today?

Forte has to be played out wide. His knees will not stand up to twisting and turning sharply up front. He needs to be coming onto the ball with space to run to. Straight lines suit him.

Brilliant effort apart by Forte that hit the bar in the first half he did nowt and it was put to me that if Murphy had put that performance in today that the reaction would be far from positive? I couldn't argue...

I thought they were the better side, certainly looked like they knew their jobs better, that they had been sent out to do.

I think we were the better side. We were well on top until they scored. Before that they hadn't had a sniff and we passed it around them with ease. A second goal would have put it to bed, their goal changed the game and give them all the momentum.

That being said, they were not a good team and we should have comfortably beaten them.

A lot of Forte bashing on here, he wasn't great, but bar Cassidy at Walsall, was he any worse then any of our other strikers in previous games?

Edited by The Scottish Zidane

Pretty average performance today but still should have been 3 points. So pissed off to concede such a crap goal. Danny Philliskirk head the :censored:ing thing and be strong! You were barley touched if at all and you cannot expect the ref to bail you out.

Dieng has to be first choice at right back after that showing today.

My mate at left back 'did a job' not a very good one. I pray Mills injury is only slight.

Wilson and Burn looked solid however we always looked lightweight at corners. Always felt we would concede from one but got away with it thanks to Jones.

The midfield and Forte were 50 yards apart during spells in that 2nd half. The manager must do something in that situation because it nearly cost us today against average opposition. Why does every manager we have stand and watch?

Dunn shows quality on the ball but offers very little without it (clearly still not fit). Can we afford to play Forte and Dunn at the same time as we did today?

Forte has to be played out wide. His knees will not stand up to twisting and turning sharply up front. He needs to be coming onto the ball with space to run to. Straight lines suit him.

Brilliant effort apart by Forte that hit the bar in the first half he did nowt and it was put to me that if Murphy had put that performance in today that the reaction would be far from positive? I couldn't argue...

Your mate at left back did do a job, but I watched him a little more closely today and a couple of times he lost his positional sense and chased the man on the ball with Jones yelling at him to get back to his left back position.

We should be better with Mills at LB and Dieng at RB.

Your mate at left back did do a job, but I watched him a little more closely today and a couple of times he lost his positional sense and chased the man on the ball with Jones yelling at him to get back to his left back position.

With brown being right footed he didnt charge down the left hand side like Mills normally does, big loss.

If he's injured we will need a loanee sharpish

With brown being right footed he didnt charge down the left hand side like Mills normally does, big loss.

If he's injured we will need a loanee sharpish

We had a loanee last year, and he played against us today, and as solidly as he played today he never threatened overlapping. Stick with what we have.

First half was boring bar the forte shot off the bar. But seriously boring. Still on the bright side we have not lost. We move on 2 bury who conceded 3 again today but they clearly also know where the net is. Lets hope we find our shooting boots for this game and the defence stays relativly strong...also why do people not join in with the singing at home??

First half especially Jones was getting more and more frustrated with Brown. I've never questioned his overall application but he wasnt comfortable at left back today.

Johnson was also a strange appointment and actually even more so than Kelly since appointing him set a precedent for strange appointments. Even though early on people voiced concerns at the poisoned dwarf there was no where near the complete animosity that seems to have been aimed at Kelly from day 1 and to be booing and calling for his head from the Main Stand 4 games in and unbeaten in the league is pathetic!!

Johnson hit the ground running the day after he had been appointed and proved in a short amount of time that he was up to the task.

While I think Kelly has shown some competence the jury's still out. That said, he has not warranted any abuse/calls to be sacked from the fans.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Johnson hit the ground running the day after he had been appointed and proved in a short amount of time that he was up to the task.

While I think Kelly has shown some competence the jury's still out. That said, he has not warranted any abuse/calls to be sacked from the fans.

I'll have that - but Johnson was given the chance to hit the ground running having been appointed towards the end of the season. Kelly had to wait 3 months for a competitive game and was already branded as "not up to it" by most on day one

Everyone saying we will get hammered by the decent sides. One thing we always seem to have done is perform well against decent sides and lose to the weaker ones. So if we can perform well against those and keep picking up points against bottom half. Happy days. So many negative people on here it's ridiculous