JPT Round 1: Shrewsbury Town 2 Oldham Athletic 0

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would always remember my first trip to Wembley with Oldham over anything. A lot of fans on here have seen us at Wembley and in the premier league. What have the younger generation seen, two play off attempts and two JPT northern final defeats. At the moment the Chesterfield loss a few years back is the biggest heartbreak supporting the team and that came in the JPT.

I feel so sorry for you. Heartbroken by the JPT? Thats even sadder than pictures of dead babies.

I feel so sorry for you. Heartbroken by the JPT? Thats even sadder than pictures of dead babies.

What else have we done in my 20 year lifetime apart from league 1, league 1 and more league 1? I know we've lost two play off semi finals but we were probably the underdog in both.

Edited by SavageTheBeast

I'm 18 and would of gone to Wembley, but no where near heartbroken. There'd be little to no pride in me watching us lift the JPT, even going to the play off finals which is something I'd love to do, but I guess it's just a simple case of being 10-15 years too late as nothing surely you can be more proud of than going toe to toe with some of the best teams in this country and walking out against European champions in Nottingham forest.

*sobs uncontrollably into my hands*

I'm 18 and would of gone to Wembley, but no where near heartbroken. There'd be little to no pride in me watching us lift the JPT, even going to the play off finals which is something I'd love to do, but I guess it's just a simple case of being 10-15 years too late as nothing surely you can be more proud of than going toe to toe with some of the best teams in this country and walking out against European champions in Nottingham forest.

The day we beat any other league one team in a playoff final or score the goal that sends us up will be on a par with anything from the glory years for me, I imagine.

Possibly even better due to me being so much more desperate for success than I was back then.

Edited by HarryBosch

There, there, come on now. You're okay. It wasn't as great as people make out. You didn't miss that much....

O, who am i :censored:ing kidding. It was absolutely magic. I mean, really, incredibly unbe:censored:inglievable. It was better than alcohol. Better than sex...much better (that might be just me).

You're right to have a weep.

Likewise I will take no satisfaction if we win the division, for to qualify we have to be in this :censored: league, and that is no good.

Yeah, but next season we'd be in the Championship. By winning League One you actually advance. You achieve something.

The same cannot be said about this awful, awful competition.