RubenReid/Matt Smith

Not pretending!! and if I was technically capable would go back to the various debates and requote where I did state that he had the attributes to go on and play at a higher level - How people could write off such a young, inexperienced player off at such an early stage was far more of a slight on them than my judgement of potential and attributes.

So yes, I did say he would go on and do well!

As you were....

Not pretending!! and if I was technically capable would go back to the various debates and requote where I did state that he had the attributes to go on and play at a higher level - How people could write off such a young, inexperienced player off at such an early stage was far more of a slight on them than my judgement of potential and attributes.

So yes, I did say he would go on and do well!

As you were....

I didn't give him time. I slated him. Which is why I refuse to now write anyone off before they've had a fair crack at it

Smith was written off by many, I hadn't really formed an opinion on him and was willing to give him a chance - similar to Murphy as in I hadn't seen enough of him to form an opinion.

Although admittedly Smith had more raw attributes to cause more of a problem in this league and leagues above.

But the reason for Smith getting better and better was Tony Philliskirk, told Smith to use his weight more, bully his centre half opponents. Philliskirk needs to spend a bit of time with our strikers more often than he does in my opinion.