Oldham v Wigan

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ronnie Moore saved us from relegation and took us to 9th in the space of a year and would probably have improved on that had the "fans" not forced the board to sack him

My point is everybody had it out for Kelly from day one yet Dunn is getting it easy despite the team and football being just as :censored:e as it was three weeks ago

I don't know who we can afford as only the board know that but why the :censored: can't we hire an actual manager rather than an aging player - oh yeah - cos that promise was the only reason he signed to begin with

I really fear this is the season the longest serving League one club drop

So you expect Dunn to sort out Kelly's mess within 2 weeks? Because we are playing like thus due to Kelly and his whole pre-season preperation. Things take time.

Kelly had a full pre season and 7 games. Dunn has had less than 14 days.

Dunn has said he wants us hard to beat and we look hard to beat. St the same time he is trying to sort the attacking side and I think we will see another forward this week.

There are a few posters on here that wanted Kelly gone right away and moaned every week but are now unhappy that Dunn is the manager and seem to want him to fail. I wonder if they are the same 'fans' that cost us certain promotion with Ronnie Moore who with all his experience has been such a success since.

Edited by palmer1

So you expect Dunn to sort out Kelly's mess within 2 weeks? Because we are playing like we are due to Kelly

Kelly had a full pre season and 7 games. Dunn has had less than 14 days.

Dunn has said he wants us hard to beat and we look hard to beat. St the same time he is trying to sort the attacking side and I think we will see another forward this week.

There are a few posters on here that wanted Kelly gone right away and moaned every week but are now unhappy that Dunn is the manager and seem to want him to fail. I wonder if they are the same 'fans' that cost us certain promotion with Ronnie Moore who with all his experience has been such a success since.

I didn't want Kelly gone from the start and everyone keeps harping on the this is the best squad we've had in ages so it really shouldn't be hard to get them playing like they actually know what a football looks like

We set up like an away team today and played like one

Bosch is right with Philliskirk. Seems happy being mediocre. He can't pin down a spot because he doesn't push himself enough wherever he plays. Incredibly vanilla.

Croft is another. Felt uncomfortable when he came - associate him with a very underwhelming team, and it looks that way again. Painfully average footballer. I'd prefer to see Poleon in his place.

Brown is very limited and it's time we upgrade. Dieng or Eckersley need an extended run there.

In the long run the team has got to be more expansive. The top three are Gillingham, Walsall, Burton. Taking a negative approach to this league is pathetically defeatist.

And apparently - none of them were listening to Kelly so shouldn't matter when it comes to "sorting his mess"

Who said they weren't? His team, his formation, his style of play after a full pre season. His failure

Edited by palmer1

Dunns had more than 14 days, he was manager as soon as he walked trough the door, as he said about the Swansea lad,he had been tracking him a number of weeks prior to his appointment, but all we can do is sit back and watch what is fed to us weather we like it or not

Dunns had more than 14 days, he was manager as soon as he walked trough the door, as he said about the Swansea lad,he had been tracking him a number of weeks prior to his appointment, but all we can do is sit back and watch what is fed to us weather we like it or not

Really? I bet it surprised DK when he started taking training, picking the team and and discussing tactics 7 weeks ago!

Why do some people believe every little bollock rumour they hear and then treat it as fact...

Really? I bet it surprised DK when he started taking training, picking the team and and discussing tactics 7 weeks ago!

Why do some people believe every little bollock rumour they hear and then treat it as fact...

It's not a matter of believing a rumour or not. It's blindingly obvious what has happened, without any input from anybody else...

im only quoting what Dunn himself said when signing the Swansea lad, if he was just a player as you are saying, why would he say he has had this lad watched for the last few weeks

im only quoting what Dunn himself said when signing the Swansea lad, if he was just a player as you are saying, why would he say he has had this lad watched for the last few weeks

I'd like to see this quote but all I can find is...

“I’m delighted to bring Jay into the club. He is someone we have watched a few times and he comes highly recommended.

“He has a good character, works his socks off, is a box-to-box midfielder and I’m looking forward to working with him.”

I'd like to see this quote but all I can find is...

Im delighted to bring Jay into the club. He is someone we have watched a few times and he comes highly recommended.

He has a good character, works his socks off, is a box-to-box midfielder and Im looking forward to working with him.

why would he watch him a few times!! If he was just a player,anyway I think the whole thing has been handled :censored: by the club,let's see wher we are come May. Edited by oafc21

'We' not I

The club could have scouted him in the last few weeks and then Dunn may have watched him. Dunn may not have watched him at all but trusts his scouts/contacts that gave a recommendation.

It's very simple to to find an alternative explanation that could also be true...

Because he was coaching from the bench?

Last week you said that puts players off and should have been sorted before the game.

Hold my hands up on that one Palmer, Brown did actually offer the right encouragement when needed yesterday.

Edited by BP1960

Croft is far from being one of our biggest problems.

The trouble is, his job is to offer protection for right backs who either can't, or won't get down the line. From an attacking point of view he's all alone and when he's regularly doubled-up on by the opposition, it results in too few crosses.

For a long time I've considered the full back spots low priority when spending our budget, but I'm desperate now to see a right back hit bomb alley and put in a decent cross.