I'll be honest, I haven't been too disappointed with the large amount of draws we've got this season so far, although my expectations for this season were very low due to the running of the club from the top being shambolic.

4 defeats from 16 league games this season shows that we have been difficult to beat in the 1st 3 months of the season and I feel we could easily have been in an even worse state than we currently are in, if we hadn't been able to grind out some of the draws that we had done.

From now on however, the key stat is the 2 wins in 26 in all comps since beating Rochdale in March. Surely no side has stayed up with that record replicated over a whole season. We need to go into games actively looking for wins, rather than being cautious first and accepting draws, from now on.

Mansfield and Chesterfield away, Barnsley and Southend at home, Crewe away. All those games are unquestionably winnable and I'd take 2 defeats from those 5 if we were guaranteed 3 wins from the rest of the games. Draws aren't going to do much for us and won't drag us away from the drop zone.

I'd take Dunn experimenting with the side slightly against Mansfield if it meant that we set up in a more expansive and proactive way to take into the upcoming league games. Wildcards like Winchester, Fuller, Yeates, Poleon and Green (if his head's in the right place) could be key to this style if we play to their strengths. Not to say we should be gung ho and use them all at once, but all could have a part to play.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

I'll be pissed off if we play an 'experimental' side against Mansfield.

FA Cup is all we have left, not to mention we are desperate for wins and momentum, which we should be targeting against lower league opposition.

By experimenting I meant a change or two to make us more attacking, not 9 or 10 to disrupt the whole team.

I'll be pissed off if we play an 'experimental' side against Mansfield.

FA Cup is all we have left, not to mention we are desperate for wins and momentum, which we should be targeting against lower league opposition.

He will the play best what's available at Mansfield, that will mean quite a few changes anyway.

The bench on Saturday was worrying, only Fuller could potentially come on and do something for us, and I say that only because we don't how past it he is yet.

I was close to calling it a day when Croft was sent on to try and get us going.

I'll be honest, I haven't been too disappointed with the large amount of draws we've got this season so far, although my expectations for this season were very low due to the running of the club from the top being shambolic.

4 defeats from 16 league games this season shows that we have been difficult to beat in the 1st 3 months of the season and I feel we could easily have been in an even worse state than we currently are in, if we hadn't been able to grind out some of the draws that we had done.

From now on however, the key stat is the 2 wins in 26 in all comps since beating Rochdale in March. Surely no side has stayed up with that record replicated over a whole season. We need to go into games actively looking for wins, rather than being cautious first and accepting draws, from now on.

Mansfield and Chesterfield away, Barnsley and Southend at home, Crewe away. All those games are unquestionably winnable and I'd take 2 defeats from those 5 if we were guaranteed 3 wins from the rest of the games. Draws aren't going to do much for us and won't drag us away from the drop zone.

I'd take Dunn experimenting with the side slightly against Mansfield if it meant that we set up in a more expansive and proactive way to take into the upcoming league games. Wildcards like Winchester, Fuller, Yeates, Poleon and Green (if his head's in the right place) could be key to this style if we play to their strengths. Not to say we should be gung ho and use them all at once, but all could have a part to play.

2 wins from 26 since playing Rochdale in March?....we lost 8 out of 13 after playing Rochdale last November. This horrendous run goes back to1st November 2014. In fact it goes back so far it can't be called a run....more a norm?

2 wins from 26 since playing Rochdale in March?....we lost 8 out of 13 after playing Rochdale last November. This horrendous run goes back to1st November 2014. In fact it goes back so far it can't be called a run....more a norm?

Our form after the win at Dale in November was poor, but in the 20 games that followed we won 7. Regardless of defeats, that isn't horrendous.

Our form after the win at Dale in November was poor, but in the 20 games that followed we won 7. Regardless of defeats, that isn't horrendous.

But we have played more than 20since our win at Dale! Our results from 1st November 2014 to 31st October 2015 ( some expert will give us the stats) I guarantee would see us relegated by a distance....even with your 7 wins TMB it is 9 wins out of 46 ....horrendous in my book

But we have played more than 20since our win at Dale! Our results from 1st November 2014 to 31st October 2015 ( some expert will give us the stats) I guarantee would see us relegated by a distance....even with your 7 wins TMB it is 9 wins out of 46 ....horrendous in my book

7 wins in the next 20 would be less concerning to me than the previous 26 games, because we at least would show that we'd be likely to pick up a win every 3 games on average to ease a bit of pressure. Throw in a few draws and we'd have a fair chance of surviving with 10 games remaining.

But since we beat Dale we had to wait 10 competitive games for the next win and another 12 until we beat Swindon. If we go on a winless run even half as bad as those two before the turn of the year, then in 2016 I won't believe that we'll have it in us to win when we need to in order to stay up, barring a seismic change at the club.

Wins not draws are needed in this pivotal month. Time for Latics to nut up or shut up.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

On a rolling average we have 47 points for the last 46 games.

Won 10

Drawn 17

Lost 19

Worryingly we are still being told to look at the positives when our average points per game ratio goes down week on week, if anyone claims we are not in trouble they are seriously deluded.

If anyone claims we are not in trouble they are seriously deluded.

I agree, but I'm not sure anyone is claiming that.

We're at the stage where we need something above average in the immediate future to start getting out of the trouble we're in.

New investment would also help of course.

I agree, but I'm not sure anyone is claiming that.

We're at the stage where we need something above average in the immediate future to start getting out of the trouble we're in.

New investment would also help of course.

The investments there, in fact we have one of the biggest squads in League 1, the problem lies with how the club is run, we have a chairman out of touch who leaves the day to day running of the club to clowns, we have become a laughing stock on and off the pitch, a team full of loanees and crocks on short term contracts who dont play for the shirt, we have a board and fans who made Kellys job impossible yet laud over someone equally less qualified and inspiring, its a mess from top to bottom and its difficult to see a solution, unfortunately the board have now made their bed and will have to lie in it even if that leads us to relegation.

10 wins in the last 47.....from 1/11/2014

Thanks a lot. I am sure you can tell me then how close I am in saying that from those 47 games Dunn has got 9 points from 9 Kelly 7 from 7 Holden about 13 from 14 and Johnson 18 from 17 ie no material difference between them other than 2 seem to be supported and 2 vilified?

Thanks a lot. I am sure you can tell me then how close I am in saying that from those 47 games Dunn has got 9 points from 9 Kelly 7 from 7 Holden about 13 from 14 and Johnson 18 from 17 ie no material difference between them other than 2 seem to be supported and 2 vilified?

What a load of bollocks. All four are vilified. Can you not :censored:in read?