York, Morecambe and Accrington

There isn't a David Dunn love in you clown! People are just willing to give him time.

So you don't support the owner, the manager, the coaches, the loanees, the short term contracted players & the poor players like the wingers you mentioned. You don't support Philiskirk or Cornell who are all representing Oldham Athletic this season. Did I miss anyone?

I support the club, doesn't mean I have to like the decisions they make, did you support the signing of Evans? If you didn't does it make you less of a fan? We all have our own opinions and views, I don't like Dunn saw through him from day one its not like I will change my tune about him like many on here will after a couple more defeats, he shoehorned his way into a job that was another mans and undermined our whole season and for that I will always dislike the man whatever he acheives here.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I support the club, doesn't mean I have to like the decisions they make, did you support the signing of Evans? If you didn't does it make you less of a fan? We all have our own opinions and views, I don't like Dunn saw through him from day one its not like I will change my tune about him like many on here will after a couple more defeats, he shoehorned his way into a job that was another mans and undermined our whole season and for that I will always dislike the man whatever he acheives here.

How do you know what he did in regard to getting the job? You are guessing! Everything is hearsay & rumour & that's what you have based your opinion on. Another man's job ffs! Kelly should never have had it in the first place & is now failing at Halifax

Like I asked. What happens if he turns it around?

Edited by palmer1

There's some pretty bizarre stuff posted on here from time to time but this could be the strangest. You'll always dislike him no matter if he got us into the premiership because of how you perceive he got the job??

Wow.

How do you know what he did in regard to getting the job? You are guessing! Everything is hearsay & rumour & that's what you have based your opinion on. Another man's job ffs! Kelly should never have had it in the first place & is now failing at Halifax

Like I asked. What happens if he turns it around?

It was the worst kept secret in football that Kelly was a dead man walking and Dunn was lined up to take over, reliable posters on here Lee Sinnott and Twisbrogan as well as Matt Chambers were just a few of the people claimng Dunn for manager was a done deal long before it happened, the nature of Kellys departure and the no need for applicants message from the club reaffirmed this, where you not around when the farce was being played out at our expense.

What this side lacks is bottle and leadership.

The draws tell you that.

You don't get bottle, leadership or desire from a host of loanees and short-term contracts.

I asked you yesterday which loanees played? I listed the players! You never answered. You just want to carry on repeating the same obsession

Its safe to say he won't.

I agree. Because as soon as he does anything half decent he'll probably be poached by Blackburn. And a lot of those moaning about him now will be calling him judas for not showing the same loyalty as the fans showed him.

It was the worst kept secret in football that Kelly was a dead man walking and Dunn was lined up to take over, reliable posters on here Lee Sinnott and Twisbrogan as well as Matt Chambers were just a few of the people claimng Dunn for manager was a done deal long before it happened, the nature of Kellys departure and the no need for applicants message from the club reaffirmed this, where you not around when the farce was being played out at our expense.

So you get offered a job and ask about future progression. Nothing unusual in that. What you dont do is ask when will I get that promotion at the interview!

OK I think that we all agree that Corney got it wrong and very very quickly realised that. It isnt Dunns fault that Corney made that decision speedily.

Dunn probably made it clear that he would only join if he had a pathway to Coaching and Managing in the future.

Because it has happened so quickly hasnt done him any favours at all but should he have turned it down?

I agree. Because as soon as he does anything half decent he'll probably be poached by Blackburn. And a lot of those moaning about him now will be calling him judas for not showing the same loyalty as the fans showed him.

If he leaves at the right time we wont!

If he pisses off to say Bury with 3 months of the season remaining then he will-but we cannot assume that everyone has that Judas characteristic

We haven't got a settled side, one that can develop naturally, because we constantly have new loanees coming in. Practically every week there is a new face. Whether or not they're in the first 11 this week is irrelevant. If you include short-term contracts in there, there was 6 wasn't there? I don't oppose having loans - 1 or 2 to come in which genuinely improve a team, like Dummigan has - it's just the persistent way this club has relied on the loan market for years to form a squad. It's not productive and it doesn't work.

The existing squad doesn't have the characteristics either, in most part. Kelly and Jones are the only leaders. Both were pretty :censored:e, but Lockwood and Elokobi were important for us in that regard, as was the manager too.

That does not mean Dunn did the dirty it means Corney chose to change managers after clearly making mistake. Should Dun have turned down the opportunity because it might upset Kelly?

If you were give the opportunity that you hoped for but far earlier than expected. Would you turn it down because it might upset one or two. It's doesn't make him a bad person does it?

That can't be the reason you hate him & judged him before he even managed a game. That's football!

Sorry but I still dont get the David Dunn love in

Right, you don't like Dunn, that's fine it's your opinion.

But the above is total bollocks. The most positive opinion on Dunn is probably mine, which is that we're tough to beat and that he's only had 10 games so give him time.

Fans on here either don't like Dunn or are fairly neutral towards him. No one thinks he's the messiah. Your opinion is valid but extreme.

We haven't got a settled side, one that can develop naturally, because we constantly have new loanees coming in. Practically every week there is a new face. Whether or not they're in the first 11 this week is irrelevant. If you include short-term contracts in there, there was 6 wasn't there? I don't oppose having loans - 1 or 2 to come in which genuinely improve a team, like Dummigan has - it's just the persistent way this club has relied on the loan market for years to form a squad. It's not productive and it doesn't work.

The existing squad doesn't have the characteristics either, in most part. Kelly and Jones are the only leaders. Both were pretty :censored:e, but Lockwood and Elokobi were important for us in that regard, as was the manager too.

We havent had a settled side mainly because of injuries.

That is what we have a squad for, no?

That said, we got rid of Murphy for a loan and a short-term contract, we pushed Jones to the wing for a loanee and we have had two young loanees in the centre of defence from the start of the season - only now do we look half decent at the back with an experienced squad player filling the hole...

Injuries and absences have played a big part - Cassidy looked good early-season, Forte is always going to be a big loss, Dunn to management and Kelly for periods too - but we have exacerbated the problem.

That is what we have a squad for, no?

That said, we got rid of Murphy for a loan and a short-term contract, we pushed Jones to the wing for a loanee and we have had two young loanees in the centre of defence from the start of the season - only now do we look half decent at the back with an experienced squad player filling the hole...

Injuries and absences have played a big part - Cassidy looked good early-season, Forte is always going to be a big loss, Dunn to management and Kelly for periods too - but we have exacerbated the problem.

I agree that the Managers have made mistakes! I also agree that some of the Loanees havent worked out!

But I do not blame the loan system for all of our problems. Injuries have had a much bigger impact and even to some of those very loanees.

I agree with Jones not being on the left wing but I dont think that had anything to do with a loanee. I cannot fathom why he doesnt get selected in the centre!!!!

Apart from the centreback problem the one major problem in my book is the total lack of any left footed players in midfield or attack. Even the loanees!

I will start judging Dunn in 2 weeks time when he has a squad to select from

I agree that the Managers have made mistakes! I also agree that some of the Loanees havent worked out!

But I do not blame the loan system for all of our problems. Injuries have had a much bigger impact and even to some of those very loanees.

I agree with Jones not being on the left wing but I dont think that had anything to do with a loanee. I cannot fathom why he doesnt get selected in the centre!!!!

Apart from the centreback problem the one major problem in my book is the total lack of any left footed players in midfield or attack. Even the loanees!

I will start judging Dunn in 2 weeks time when he has a squad to select from

Strangly enough the centre back problem has been mainly resolved by default with the move of Brian Wilson from full back.

We have an abundance of midfield players,but none seem to want to get in and around the opposition penalty area, hopefully Rasulo can change that (unless as I fear he's shoved out on the wing like Jones) where he will prove just as inefective. The wide men also need to get more crosses in from both flanks, without that Higdon might as well not play. The team shape particularly at home, has been all wrong this season, Dunn needs to rectify that asap.

Winchester I'm afraid has to make way, with Rasulo played in a more ambitious central attacking role.

Still have problems with the wide men though as Croft,Yeats and Poleon haven't done enough for me, but who have we who can do better?

I think Dunn may now even consider Danny Byrnes as he's a proper winger.

Edited by BP1960

Strangly enough the centre back problem has been mainly resolved by default with the move of Brian Wilson from full back.

We have an abundance of midfield players,but none seem to want to get in and around the opposition penalty area, hopefully Rasulo can change that (unless as I fear he's shoved out on the wing like Jones) where he will prove just as inefective. The wide men also need to get more crosses in from both flanks, without that Higdon might as well not play. The team shape particularly at home, has been all wrong this season, Dunn needs to rectify that asap.

Winchester I'm afraid has to make way, with Rasulo played in a more ambitious central attacking role.

Still have problems with the wide men though as Croft,Yeats and Poleon haven't done enough for me, but who have we who can do better?

Good shout about Byrne thought the same myself after yesterday, Byrne is similar to Yeats in the way he plays, Rasulo came on and played in a similar position to the one Winchester was effective against Sheff Utd and looked bright, Higdon and Fuller were both ineffective yesterday mainly because we hoofed it aimlessley up to them or when they did hit a channel both players were flat footed and paceless, two lumps who never really got into the game. Any opposition centrehalf is redundant against our strike force and they are never pressed or put under pressure.

You should all do what I do, ignore anything that yarddog writes. He/she is a very depressing and irritating contributor and one of a number of regular posters who will eventually turn people off this forum.

Yes blame me for the depressing football we watch every week, I only say it as I see it we can't all be happy clappers.

Is Byrnes a right or a left winger BP?

Get him in on the left for the replay then but he'd better be good BP

Not much of him physically though Chaddy and lots of injuries which have held him back are a worry, still might be worth throwing him in as he has the ability to run at defenders making them back peddle.

Edited by BP1960