Blunts Away

I've felt as miserable as everyone about this season's performances, but tomorrow is the world's greatest cup competition and Latics are underdogs. It's Lancashire v Yorkshire and a chance to wipe the smirk off Nigel Adkins' face. It's a game we only need to avoid losing to be in the draw with the Greedy League clubs. It's us against the world. Plus it's an opportunity to visit the Sheffield Tap. It's one not to be missed. :comeon:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the crack for parking tomorrow. It's a bit :censored:, Sheffield United isn't it? Or at least that's what I've been told.

For the last 3yrs I have parked on Fitzwalter Road near its junction with Norfolk Road. There is good, free on street parking in a good area. I always arrive at least an hour before kick-off and never had a problem. There also parking on the A6135, which is on your way to the ground, if you are early enough. The beauty about this, for me, is my satnav brings me in short of the ground from the motorway avoiding city centre traffic and match day traffic – although I guess that could be quieter tomorrow. If anyone does use this on leaving the car walk downhill to the main A6135 and turn right, downhill again. The ground will appear on your left on the hillside. The downside for some maybe that it’s a 15-20 minute walk but brilliant for getting in and away without any gridlock. So by all means, if you’re early enough, try the A6135 to save a few minutes.

I've felt as miserable as everyone about this season's performances, but tomorrow is the world's greatest cup competition and Latics are underdogs. It's Lancashire v Yorkshire and a chance to wipe the smirk off Nigel Adkins' face. It's a game we only need to avoid losing to be in the draw with the Greedy League clubs. It's us against the world. Plus it's an opportunity to visit the Sheffield Tap. It's one not to be missed. :comeon:

Feels abit like going to the Forest game a few seasons ago in the cup, expecting to get absolutely battered. Maybe the cup will be a good distraction from the league again this season...

Edited by RobOAFC

That's our only income stream gone.....fire sale in January?

Nothing to sell. I see lots of ex Latics plyers scored again today, is selling false economy? there's practically a full team playing at higher levels.

Edited by BP1960