Blunts Away

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the previous round, at home to Worcester City, tickets were made available at away ticket office prior to kick-off, cash only. But announcemnet was only made the day before. Don't know if Latics tickets are made available, whether season ticket concessions will apply.

I've felt as miserable as everyone about this season's performances, but tomorrow is the world's greatest cup competition and Latics are underdogs. It's Lancashire v Yorkshire and a chance to wipe the smirk off Nigel Adkins' face. It's a game we only need to avoid losing to be in the draw with the Greedy League clubs. It's us against the world. Plus it's an opportunity to visit the Sheffield Tap. It's one not to be missed. :comeon:

What's the crack for parking tomorrow. It's a bit :censored:, Sheffield United isn't it? Or at least that's what I've been told.

Awful. Got there really early last time and parked on street right next to ground where was no cones or permit only right near away end

Have my ticket, don't have great expectations but hope is eternal and just have the feeling that there could be a really committed performance by Latics tomorrow.

May not be masses of us on the terraces but fingers crossed we can be smug about having been there.

Awful. Got there really early last time and parked on street right next to ground where was no cones or permit only right near away end

Always found it fine as tend to be there for 12ish, might be a different matter at ten to three.

Cheers fellas. It'll be 2:00-2:30 when we get there. Any other parking advice round there would be helpful.

For those that care and those that don't.

Mr Steel came back to me very quickly so fair play for that.

He didn't tell me anything we couldn't have guessed but the home club dictate how we advertise ticket sales, we were asked not mention any pay on the day facilities until the day before by the clubs I brought up which were Chesterfield, Doncaster and Sheff Utd.

Asked if it was sort of a wider ploy by clubs, for a Football League fixture there is an admin charge of 5% that all away clubs receive out of the allocation they have sold.

Should we not be advertising that as may not be widely known, told there is no particular reason why this is not advertised as the money involved is never a significant amount.

Cheers fellas. It'll be 2:00-2:30 when we get there. Any other parking advice round there would be helpful.

It is quite crap for parking, a lot of students are usually in the free spaces around there.

If your happy to pay for parking then there is Eyre Street car park about a 5 minute walk away from the ground, think it's a bit expensive though. There was a charity car park at the side of Decathlon which was quite cheap, not sure if still there or not though.

DFS/Wren Kitchens car park which is about 5 minute walk have a two hour policy, but I've known people park there longer than that and not been charged, might be more strict on a match-day though.