Mark Yeates

I am dlighted that he is now getting recognition from both posters on here and a special mention from DD in yesterdays Chron-

“People in football at times get carried away with goals and assists but nobody really says anything about chances created. And he creates plenty, even though we may not score from them.

“No matter how well or how poorly we are playing, he always wants the ball and it is a real big plus.”

Whether Yeates stays or goes could depend on budgetary restraints, which will be affected by Athletic’s continued involvement in the knock-out competition."

We need to keep him. When I have seen him I have noticed how he "takes responsibility" and willl try to get an end product rather than pass the buck.

His name kept coming up continually in the LP commentary

He seems a decent Division 3 player when he's up for it. But how small is his head?!

I'm still not convinced, yesterday he had a good second half against an average league 2 side. If we are to progress we need better more consistent players than him.

Showed plenty of determination last night, added to some good wing play in awful conditions he's doing ok.

Edited by BP1960

Not sure, but he has put some good crosses in which we should be attacking.

I thought it was funny last night whilst Poleon stood rooted on the halfway line with his thumbs up ackowledging an overhit pass but Yeates chased the ball down and kept it in play. Poleon then realised he had better catch up with play and got to area just in time for Philly to lay the ball back for him to score

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Rather have a Forte on the left but he is doing a job, does he have any goals/assists yet?

I can think of a cross for Mills against Bradford?

It's good if he's improving, but whenever I've seen him, he'll get the ball in space and then tip-toe up to the defender and miss the chance for a cross.