Relegation to League 2 and it's likely probability

173 members have voted

1. 1. Have you lost confidence and thus want SC and co out and a change in ownership?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
  2. 2. Will Oldham Athletic be a League Two club in the 2016/2017 Season?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
  3. 3. If OAFC are in League 2 next season, will you renew your season ticket?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
  4. 4. If you are a Pay on the day supporter, will your attendance subject to change in league two?

• I will attend more games
    • I will attend the same number of games I normally attend in League 1
    • I will attend less games
    • I am a ST holder

well we're odds on to go down and it doesnt seem as if there is the heart or ability within the club to change that. Yep, I want Corney out - I have for years and just see the current predicament as something that's been signposted for years, what I do really worry about is that I can't see a way out. It always comes back to the land and who owns it and who in their right mind would buy the club as is. Ah well, poop happens and then you die.

I did however vote for attending more games as I'm an exile in the south and League 2 has loads of teams down here, League 1 is heavily northern and I'm not travelling far to watch that tripe.

A lot of people are simply taking the first half of the season and multiplying it by two. Football doesn't work like that.

Not true.

People are seeing how :censored: we are. We are selling the majority of our players and have a clueless manager and assistant... As simple as that.

Because we always get wins when we need them the most. I fully expect us to finish 17th this season...

When we last went down, in 1997, we had a few wins in us that season. I remember a brilliant double over Wolves, who finished in the play-offs I think. And we beat Citeh, as usual. And went on an unbeaten run (mostly draws) from October to December. And twatted Swindon at home 5-1 (ohhh Matty Rush!!) at the crucial period of Easter.

But we always, always followed those great wins up with a terrible performance. Relegated with a match to play, ironically one where we twatted another team; Norwich (I think) on the last day. It was like a cruel irony. Look! We can play really, really well sometimes.

This season though, I can't even see the twatting-someone-every-now-and-again performance. I can perhaps, if I try hard enough, see us scraping a filthy 1-0 on occasion. But we need so many of them from now until May.

Because we always get wins when we need them the most. I fully expect us to finish 17th this season...

We've scraped three wins in half a season and won none of the last eight. I'm struggling to see us making 17th. If Forte stays fit and finds form and Murphy keeps scoring, it might be enough to see us clamber out of the relegation zone, but the longer this awful run goes on, the harder it is to break.

A lot of people are simply taking the first half of the season and multiplying it by two. Football doesn't work like that.

We'll need to double it and find another ten points to survive.

• 4 months later...

Of 172 who responded to the 'Will Oldham ...be a league 2 club etc...'?

Only 18 of us said 'No'.

I was never worried...

I was worried and rightly so when we were 8 points a drift. I really wouldn't want to rely on the league 1 forever theory for too long we are only a couple of bad signings and a couple of poor managers from league 2. A league where 10 teams averaged a higher average attendance than us last season so no guarantee that we would suddenly be a big fish and could bounce back.