Bradford (A)

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Met office predicting minimum temperature tomorrow night of around zero, the real cold snap doesn't arrive till Saturday evening when it drops to -4 in Bradford. The problem at Valley Parade is that the pitch sees very little of the winter sun so even if its +3 it can be much colder at pitch level, there's a chance it could be off but as it stands I'd expect it to be playable.

That will be the back row I would think, the official says we can have more tickets if we need them, which I assume will be the bottom tier

I'm afraid not lads.

Just spoke to the TO now as I had planned on buying 4. We've been given the lower tier so far, so whoever has bought a ticket will be, unfortunately, sat in the lower tier. Guy on the phone says we've sold about 250 and the club wont be requesting additional tickets.

The only hope is that if another 300+ people buy tickets before 3pm tomorrow and then another 300+ POTD'ers turn up tomorrow then they'll be able to open the upper tier.

Think we're going to hedge our bets and POTD.

I'm afraid not lads.

Just spoke to the TO now as I had planned on buying 4. We've been given the lower tier so far, so whoever has bought a ticket will be, unfortunately, sat in the lower tier. Guy on the phone says we've sold about 250 and the club wont be requesting additional tickets.

The only hope is that if another 300+ people buy tickets before 3pm tomorrow and then another 300+ POTD'ers turn up tomorrow then they'll be able to open the upper tier.

Think we're going to hedge our bets and POTD.

If we have been given the lower tier then the seats allocated on it are incorrect, on the seat view for the seat I have been allocated which is UH row T, it is definitely in the upper. Unless it is unreserved seating, then they may only open the lower tier but you would have thought it would say that on the ticket, as it stands it doesnt much matter anyway as when I get to towns early as I plan to do on Saturday, I spend most of the match in the piss stones, culmination of my age and too much alcohol.

If we have been given the lower tier then the seats allocated on it are incorrect, on the seat view for the seat I have been allocated which is UH row T, it is definitely in the upper. Unless it is unreserved seating, then they may only open the lower tier but you would have thought it would say that on the ticket, as it stands it doesnt much matter anyway as when I get to towns early as I plan to do on Saturday, I spend most of the match in the piss stones, culmination of my age and too much alcohol.

I have a feeling it is our ticket office being a set of lemons again.

Seeing you have a ticket with UH on it, which is upper tier on the seating plan, I rang the Bradford TO who have confirmed they have allocated us the upper tier. I then rang Latics back to tell them to stop telling people they're lower tier tickets as that might put people off.

Both TO's said they were going to sort this amongst them.

Bad when supporters have to do the job for them.

I'd be very disappointed in my fellow supporters if 1000 travelled over to watch Dull Dean's side in March, but we can't muster similar for the return of Lord John.

Myself and many others may be victim to how short notice it is. I am well up for going, more than any away for ages, but it's looking increasingly likely plans can't be got out of. Gutted, but 2 days isn't much time to sort out stuff.

Myself and many others may be victim to how short notice it is. I am well up for going, more than any away for ages, but it's looking increasingly likely plans can't be got out of. Gutted, but 2 days isn't much time to sort out stuff.

Fixtures were published in July, how much notice do you need.

I'm risking my marriage by going to this. After three games on the spin at home I'd promised the bread knife I'd do 'family :censored:' this weekend, :censored: that I wouldn't miss this one for the world. Tickets bought, just need to tell Doris.#prayfordick

Edited by Dick_Valentine

I'm risking my marriage by going to this. After three games on the spin at home I'd promised the bread knife I'd do 'family :censored:' this weekend, :censored: that I wouldn't miss this one for the world. Tickets bought, just need to tell Doris.#prayfordick

Dick goes where dick wants

I did the same! I've taken Friday off to go wandering around an acquarium or something ;-)

It cant possibly be a 1000 unless we take enough for Bradford to open the lower tier.

I reckon we will only have sold 500 max by 3pm today, so we'd need another 350+ POTD'ers....

There will be more POTD than fans with tickets. Definitely.

They will open the bottom tier too. They don't particularly close it off to away fans anyway, do they. They don't have a division between the concourse and the lower tier so there's easy access if they need to open it up, (which they will).