Will we stay up?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest thing for me is that this is a completely fresh management team for these players, I think it's going to make a big difference.

Since Johnson left we've seen Holden and Dunn promoted from within and Darren Kelly didn't seem to command any respect.

I just think new faces and a guy like Shez who won't accept any slacking will see the current lot finally step it back up.

That's irony right?. :wacko:

Let it go.

I might not agree with everything HAnk Kingsley says, but you can't argue he'll be tough on slackers, or respect. It was his worst trait last time and the reason he got sacked!

Hopefully a lot less of an issue now he does not know any of the team.

I might not agree with everything HAnk Kingsley says, but you can't argue he'll be tough on slackers, or respect. It was his worst trait last time and the reason he got sacked!

John Sheridan has no bad traits. He's John Sheridan.

There were several experienced players in the squad last time, with big egos like Gregan and Hughes who had played for a while in the premier league.

I love Shez but bit amazed at how good people seem to think he is as a manager. I'm delighted with the appointment but I'm not expecting a miracle. If Dunn had a player as good as Gregan at the back we'd be nowhere near the bottom.

If he's allowed to bring in a keeper and a centre half of good quality we will be good enough to stay up. I think those additions would see us safe. I must say that'd be the case with Dunn or Shez.

I love Shez but bit amazed at how good people seem to think he is as a manager. I'm delighted with the appointment but I'm not expecting a miracle. If Dunn had a player as good as Gregan at the back we'd be nowhere near the bottom.

If he's allowed to bring in a keeper and a centre half of good quality we will be good enough to stay up. I think those additions would see us safe. I must say that'd be the case with Dunn or Shez.

Dunn had plenty of oppurtunity to bring a player in for our problem position but didn't, he signed 8 players including a centrehalf yet none of them could steady the ship, he only actually acknowledged a couple of weeks ago that we needed a leader and a bruiser at the back after watching the Burton/Millwall game which for me was the most worrying aspect as every man and his dog already knew that.

Everyone is getting giddy and the main reason is we now have a manager not someone playing at being a manager, someone with a fair managerial record, someone who can steady the ship and some experianced enough and equipped to have a go at getting us up if we do get relegated, clearing out the backroom team is also a positive move as it means a fresh start for everyone, theres no agenda get everyone on board and give it a good go.

Dunn had plenty of oppurtunity to bring a player in for our problem position but didn't, he signed 8 players including a centrehalf yet none of them could steady the ship, he only actually acknowledged a couple of weeks ago that we needed a leader and a bruiser at the back after watching the Burton/Millwall game which for me was the most worrying aspect as every man and his dog already knew that.

Everyone is getting giddy and the main reason is we now have a manager not someone playing at being a manager, someone with a fair managerial record, someone who can steady the ship and some experianced enough and equipped to have a go at getting us up if we do get relegated, clearing out the backroom team is also a positive move as it means a fresh start for everyone, theres no agenda get everyone on board and give it a good go.

There's a bit of double standards when it comes to Dunn and the things he says. If he'd have come out ages ago and said we need a new CB then wouldn't that be classed as undermining the confidence of the current lot? Also, just because he didn't say it out loud doesn't mean he didn't recognise the problem.

But his big failing was not rectifying the main problem of the team. He had plenty of time to do it. Maybe there wasn't anyone available, maybe the funds weren't available. But ultimately it's probably one of the main reasons he got sacked.

We may only now have the funds to sign a decent centre half as we've got rid of Philiskirk and Yeates. Can't recall Dunn being able to bring in a decent centre half unless your counting the kid released from Stoke.

I look forward to seeing if Shez can eliminate the individual errors that have cost us most goals this season.

We may only now have the funds to sign a decent centre half as we've got rid of Philiskirk and Yeates. Can't recall Dunn being able to bring in a decent centre half unless your counting the kid released from Stoke.

I look forward to seeing if Shez can eliminate the individual errors that have cost us most goals this season.

Individual errors cost every team, nearly every game its largely how goals are scored, you can minimise risk by dropping players not up to it but Dunn seemed to have a blinkered approach with some players yet was quick to write off others which was rather puzzling.

He bought in 8 loanees, one of them could have been a centre half, but he chose not to.

There are CB's out there, they might not be top of the range, but there are ones that are better than we have.

It was Dunn's choice not to bring in a CB.

we have to go for it let the players express themselves and allow them to do what they do best - play football,

Agree but the only way that will happen is if Sheridan's been told that going down won't result in him losing his job.

Surely if Dunn's 20 games taught you anything it's that not playing football is what will take us down?

I love Shez but bit amazed at how good people seem to think he is as a manager. I'm delighted with the appointment but I'm not expecting a miracle.

He doesn't actually have to be that good to quickly take us miles away from where we've ended up under Dunn.

He'll have us playing more watchable football played with intent, he's always had an eye for a decent striker & his teams have always been set up for his strikers to score goals - Murphy and Cassidy should prosper.

He should get the likes of Winchester & Jones firing again. He'll like the way Winchester "takes care of the football".

I'm most interested to see what he does with Kelly. Not a Shez type midfielder in any way shape or form unless he's changed massively since last time.

He'll drag him off by half time on Saturday if he keeps giving the ball away or passing it back to his left back from the halfway line won't he?

If he has us playing with enough intent to be scoring 2 or more goals most games the individual errors won't hurt us so much...

Even in the games where we don't do that at least we might be playing further up the pitch and, therefore, further away from our iffy defence.

If he has us playing with enough intent to be scoring 2 or more goals most games the individual errors won't hurt us so much...

Even in the games where we don't do that at least we might be playing further up the pitch and, therefore, further away from our iffy defence.

I'm getting carried away remembering some of our home performances under Shez.