Will we stay up?

Firstly, I'm just pleased to be able to go to games again. Not even to see us win, but with a sense of the club being together and getting behind the team. I want to see us fighting, and hopefully trying to win instead of going down with a whiper.

So to the question, will he keep us up?

Big, big, ask.

Speaking to my mate tonight, and 10 wins would guarantee safety. In reality we ain't getting 10 wins from the games left. I think what's more believeable/likely is maybe 6/7 wins and a few draws giving us roughly 45-47 points.

We all know about the 50 point barrier, BUT it is a tight league, and for my money one team always gets dragged in, and one team always gets out of the :censored:. . . I really hope it's us!

Heart says- we stay up, just.

Head says- league two here we come.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Centre Half first priority, then Goalkeeper and a Striker.

I'm not sure how we are going to finance this, Brentford selling Tarkowski would be favourite I guess.

We got rid of 4 players last week 1 or 2 can be loan signings. But we need to push the boat out because without additions I think we will go down.

Shez may deliver the catalyst we need but I doubt he's Houdini.

Corney needs to back the bloke by strengthening at back, up front and on the wings. If Tarky is sold then hopefully funds are earmarked but I won't hold my breath.

Even with only two weeks left Shez would have targets, can make the calls and strengthen ready to try and plan our escape from relegation. Loans can be signed afterwards but it's time now and remaining games the key...

22 Games left and 33 points required to pretty much guarentee safety (anything less would bring luck into it) so thats an average of 1.5 points per game. It's a tough ask for Shez to try and get us playing like a top half team in such a short time but if there was a man to do it...

It shouldn't be about 'staying up' it should be about building the longer term foundations of the club to make sure we don't get into this sorry mess again. The playing side needs to be coordinated from the school kids in the after school clubs through to the junior ranks to the first team. The scouting should be built around finding players who fit into the system and then the other off-field activities, the marketing, the conferencing should be geared to increasing revenue for the playing side which in turn will increase the off field revenue....

It is the short termism that has got us where we are, the lack of the overall vision, planning and strength of purpose needed to stay the course that has seen the slow decline. I don't want to type the next line but the only way I would take a relegation is to build the above and start repairing and improving the club.

It shouldn't be about 'staying up' it should be about building the longer term foundations of the club to make sure we don't get into this sorry mess again. The playing side needs to be coordinated from the school kids in the after school clubs through to the junior ranks to the first team. The scouting should be built around finding players who fit into the system and then the other off-field activities, the marketing, the conferencing should be geared to increasing revenue for the playing side which in turn will increase the off field revenue....

It is the short termism that has got us where we are, the lack of the overall vision, planning and strength of purpose needed to stay the course that has seen the slow decline. I don't want to type the next line but the only way I would take a relegation is to build the above and start repairing and improving the club.

Absolutely true about the long term future of the club In that regard, I have more confidence in Shez.

But the priority is survival.

Relegation will bring no guarnatees of the above, it is far more likely quite the opposite. Far more have dropped further or stagnated than ressurected.

How can you have a long-term vision when the owner has short-term ambitions to sell?

He's had short term ambitions to sell for a long term now

We might aswell have a long term vision...

I agree with Harry. It's his medium term ambition is to sell. If his short term ambition was to sell he would not have done this, or allowed Dunn 7 players.

Stop playing for the draws would keep us up.

Peterborough and Doncaster are examples of teams who have fired off boring negative managers and replaced them with managers who will take risks and have a go, we could win 9 and lose the other 13 games and still have a chance of staying up, the league is that tight its what we do against the teams around us that's going to count we have to go for it let the players express themselves and allow them to do what they do best - play football, the foundation for Dunn and Co's failure was firmly set at Doncaster in his first game when we went there not to lose and played for a 0-0 draw against a team who'd mustered one goal from open play in eight games.

Aim to stay up

We can look at the longer term goals in the summer.

I think we're going overboard with all this needing x wins or y points etc. We have 22 games to get 5 or 6 more points than 2 other teams, while at least matching the results of the 2 teams below us. It's hardly a lost cause.

If we get a couple of decent additions to the team and a bit of a new manager upturn in form we'll be out of the relegation zone in a few weeks.

I think we're going overboard with all this needing x wins or y points etc. We have 22 games to get 5 or 6 more points than 2 other teams, while at least matching the results of the 2 teams below us. It's hardly a lost cause.

If we get a couple of decent additions to the team and a bit of a new manager upturn in form we'll be out of the relegation zone in a few weeks.

It isn't but we need to win 2 more than those directly above us just to get level, a big ask for a team that has only won 3 all season.

People thinking we are certain to improve seemingly discounting the probability of the others doing so too.

Stop playing for the draws would keep us up.

Peterborough and Doncaster are examples of teams who have fired off boring negative managers and replaced them with managers who will take risks and have a go, we could win 9 and lose the other 13 games and still have a chance of staying up, the league is that tight its what we do against the teams around us that's going to count we have to go for it let the players express themselves and allow them to do what they do best - play football, the foundation for Dunn and Co's failure was firmly set at Doncaster in his first game when we went there not to lose and played for a 0-0 draw against a team who'd mustered one goal from open play in eight games.

It's better to win one and lose one than draw two as a great man once said.....