We're on the telly

I was thinking in a fan-centric way, given Burton is known for its beer and it'll be the first time many have visited there, but the fixture pile-up is a nightmare.

Still, always good having an away game on TV. Hopefully muster good numbers and be loud on the terraces. Hopefully we'll have picked up form under Shez and have something to sing about...

Edited by NewBlue

Me and the brother planned a night in Burton and was due to stay over for this also. Gutted its been moved, even more so that its on the telly I'm rather tempted to just stay home and not bother now. Wish we were on the box against someone else.

Guest nonaenever

I`ve tried quoting the "I`ve been waiting for this for 41 years post" but the quote thing doesn't seem to work? We played Burton a few years ago in the cup from memory - was a great day/night out - their supporter's club in/near the ground was a little belter

This is a genuine question, so please don't get angry. Why is a 12:30pm Saturday kick off at a ground less than two hours drive away such a problem? I would've thought that this was preferable to playing on a Friday.

Thanks.

I`ve tried quoting the "I`ve been waiting for this for 41 years post" but the quote thing doesn't seem to work? We played Burton a few years ago in the cup from memory - was a great day/night out - their supporter's club in/near the ground was a little belter

I know. But that was a cup tie. When I moved to the Burton area in 1975, the thought of Oldham playing the Albion in a league game seemed ridiculous. It's just a shame that this fixture won't be at Eton Park.

In addition, the fact that I'll be watching my "local" team hosting my hometown team in a fixture while I'm watching on TV 6,000 miles away, seems quite romantic.

This is a genuine question, so please don't get angry. Why is a 12:30pm Saturday kick off at a ground less than two hours drive away such a problem? I would've thought that this was preferable to playing on a Friday.

Thanks.

Friday's a bank holiday, so it's no different to a Saturday kick-off. The day isn't as much the issue (unless you've booked trains and hotels in advance), but the early kick-off means that it will be very early getting the train and there won't be time to visit the pubs (Burton is obviously known for its beer, hence 'Brewers nickname) pre-match.

Thanks.

Well I can't speak for anyone else but I like to have a drink before a game, find it helps to numb the pain which will incur later on.

Friday's a bank holiday, so it's no different to a Saturday kick-off. The day isn't as much the issue (unless you've booked trains and hotels in advance), but the early kick-off means that it will be very early getting the train and there won't be time to visit the pubs (Burton is obviously known for its beer, hence 'Brewers nickname) pre-match.

Thanks. I didn't realise that the Friday is a Bank Holiday. Easter?

I guess it's a pain for those fans who've already made plans.

I know why Burton is famous. I grew up there. :-) The Blue Posts, The Dog, The Bridge, The Roebuck, The Coopers (next to the dole office!), The Sump etc. No doubt Diego will pitch in with a few more :-)

This is all very well but if you want to go by train from Greenfield and can't face catching the 6.49 the two later trains which take different routes require 3 and 4 changes and leave at 8.04 and 8.36 arriving 11.21. "As good as the trains are" this just isn't a journey (risk) I'm going to take when I can walk to the local pub and guarantee seeing the game.

This is all very well but if you want to go by train from Greenfield and can't face catching the 6.49 the two later trains which take different routes require 3 and 4 changes and leave at 8.04 and 8.36 arriving 11.21. "As good as the trains are" this just isn't a journey (risk) I'm going to take when I can walk to the local pub and guarantee seeing the game.

Alternatively make a weekend of it, its a Bank Holiday afterall :)