Dale showing us how to run a club properly

Rochdale may own their ground but they haven't got a £6.5M stand which will see us probably double what they get in match day revenue. This is what will kill them sustaining L1 status, they have a small fanbase (as we've seen from their away support at BP) and rely on selling the gems they uncover, how long that will last is anyone's guess, but it's a risky business model.

The only thing I'm jealous of them over is they seem to be able to unearth a decent goal scorer which we certainly don't seem to be able to do.

" a £6.5M stand which will see us probably double what they get in match day revenue." - How do you reach that conclusion? Dale's matchday facilities put ours to shame.

I would venture their business model is a lot less riskier than ours -

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" a £6.5M stand which will see us probably double what they get in match day revenue." - How do you reach that conclusion? Dale's matchday facilities put ours to shame.

Certainly a lot more profitable too! Or perhaps I should rephrase that. A lot less of a gigantic loss in most years!

But do they receive Rental Income when the pitch is used by third parties? Yes/Us most probably not

Do they receive Rental Income when the buildings are used by third parties? Yes/Us no effing way

Do they receive the Food & Beer Income when third parties are there? Yes/Us no OEC Ltd does that

Do they control the pitch maintenance, costs and its timing? Yes/Us-just look at the Beach

Yes but wait;this is a big one

Do they have a ground sponsor such as 'Milk the working classes with zero hours contracts.com'

Well lets wait & see if they start to play in 'The North KoreA Nuclear Testing Park.com' in future years. Perhaps the bastards have even lower standards than us

Edited by ChaddySmoker

A ground that is frankly horribly positioned, pretty ugly/basic and impossible to develop due to the fact it is locked in. (the newest stand looks like a corrugated bus shelter and they have the sandy lane which is virtually derelict and zero room around the stadium).

They aren't dong that good of a job considering local people don't want to go, attendances are dire and getting worse. They aren't that well run, they have just had a very good manager that seems to work for them. If he leaves and it all collapses that 500k debt might look a bit ugly.

You might argue we aren't much different, there is a huge gulf in potential though.

Bottom line is that you are comparing apples and oranges.

Mathday facilities put ours to shame? Thats just not true and once we are fully up and running it will be night and day.

Mathday facilities put ours to shame? Thats just not true and once we are fully up and running it will be night and day.

Without a doubt it's true. At Rochdale you can have a pre-match and half-time beer without getting pissed on if it rains. That in itself is an improvement on the 'facilities' in the Rochdale Rd end. The lounge in their home end is vastly superior to what we have, and I include the North Stand in that. Plus they have the pub/bar on the corner of the stadium. We don't even come close.

Without a doubt it's true. At Rochdale you can have a pre-match and half-time beer without getting pissed on if it rains. That in itself is an improvement on the 'facilities' in the Rochdale Rd end. The lounge in their home end is vastly superior to what we have, and I include the North Stand in that. Plus they have the pub/bar on the corner of the stadium. We don't even come close.

I didnt realise we were just comparing the Rochdale Road end? We shall have to agree to disagree. I think Spotland is a dump. I live relatively close to it, attend many game and I've even sponsored a game there so I am fully versed with their facilities. Sticky carpets, stained walls et al. To say their lounge is vastly superior to what we will CLEARLY have in the new stand soon is bollocks.

I didnt realise we were just comparing the Rochdale Road end? We shall have to agree to disagree. I think Spotland is a dump. I live relatively close to it, attend many game and I've even sponsored a game there so I am fully versed with their facilities. Sticky carpets, stained walls et al. To say their lounge is vastly superior to what we will CLEARLY have in the new stand soon is bollocks.

Not just the home end, the Chaddy end as well. It's quite unbelievable that if you want a pre match beer or pie at Oldham you're open to the elements. Spotland may be a dump but they look after their fans. We don't.

A ground that is frankly horribly positioned, pretty ugly/basic and impossible to develop due to the fact it is locked in. (the newest stand looks like a corrugated bus shelter and they have the sandy lane which is virtually derelict and zero room around the stadium).

They aren't dong that good of a job considering local people don't want to go, attendances are dire and getting worse. They aren't that well run, they have just had a very good manager that seems to work for them. If he leaves and it all collapses that 500k debt might look a bit ugly.

Ooooh to only be half a million in debt! Who is to say that they dont have that sort of money in their bank account currently?

And by the way they dont owe 1/4 million to some bloody scousers.

Not just the home end, the Chaddy end as well. It's quite unbelievable that if you want a pre match beer or pie at Oldham you're open to the elements. Spotland may be a dump but they look after their fans. We don't.

Unless you go in the new stand? Or in the main stand? But hey, don't let facts get in the way.

Swings and roundabouts, innit..

It'll take a lot more than this for me to be envious of Rochdale.

We're not as badly run as some people make out.

I think they deserve credit where it is due personally, they know the support base isnt going to rise so they cut their cloth to suit.Anyhow ,moving on,we could be Blackpool, now that is a Club on a downward spiral !

Unless you go in the new stand? Or in the main stand? But hey, don't let facts get in the way.

Facts such as they have 2 stands with better facilities than ours but we have the other 2 stands better than theirs-not much in the way of facts to really back you up either is there really?

Think he's on about studds bar under the stand behind the net where you can go and have a half time pint. Facility wise that is better than what we have

You're right though. Spotland as an area is a :censored:hole. Its like having BP in the middle of Fitton Hill.

Facts such as they have 2 stands with better facilities than ours but we have the other 2 stands better than theirs-not much in the way of facts to really back you up either is there really?

Home fans can sit in 3 stands. Of those 3, 2 provide you with the opportunity to have a pie and a beer under cover somewhere warm. The other, you have to brave a bit of the elements. And to reiterate. :censored: the dale.

How do you get pissed on in the RRE? There's a roof at the back. Edited by jorvik_latic

Home fans can sit in 3 stands. Of those 3, 2 provide you with the opportunity to have a pie and a beer under cover somewhere warm. The other, you have to brave a bit of the elements. And to reiterate. :censored: the dale.

Thank you for your well thought out and superbly presented contribution to the topic which quite obviously illustrates no bias whatsoever.

Here's a fact for you, I don't want to go in the new stand or the main stand. Why should I be forced to sit somewhere I don't want to because the club are happy to treat their customers like :censored:? Christ it was only two weeks ago they got a second member of staff serving behind the bar so instead of it taking 20 minutes to get served at half time its now only 15.

You gotta love em.

Here's a fact for you, I don't want to go in the new stand or the main stand. Why should I be forced to sit somewhere I don't want to because the club are happy to treat their customers like :censored:? Christ it was only two weeks ago they got a second member of staff serving behind the bar so instead of it taking 20 minutes to get served at half time its now only 15.

You gotta love em.

Perhaps a pre-match pint in the old Sponsors' Lounge, with its telly and heaters, and roof, is for you.

I feel pretty comfortable in saying we have three stands better than all of their stands. Having sat in all four of our stands and sat (& stood) in all four of theirs.

Spotland is a basic :censored:hole, you'll never see TV's in the concourses there. :censored: the Dale.

I feel pretty comfortable in saying we have three stands better than all of their stands. Having sat in all four of our stands and sat (& stood) in all four of theirs.

Spotland is a basic :censored:hole, you'll never see TV's in the concourses there. :censored: the Dale.

A :censored:hole that they own, together with the land, offices, facilities and a supporters club.

A :censored:hole that they have no mortgage on and owe no scouse loans

A :censored:hole that might earn them money 7 days a week but yeah no TVs-how will they survive?

A :censored:hole that they own, together with the land, offices, facilities and a supporters club.

A :censored:hole that they have no mortgage on and owe no scouse loans

A :censored:hole that might earn them money 7 days a week but yeah no TVs-how will they survive?

The stadium is owned by a stadium company not the football club. The stadium company owe £529,000 to Rochdale Council.