Dale showing us how to run a club properly

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like going from renting a house to buying one, the bills will go up. That ground is a dump and I'm sorry but they can't be that well run if they yo-yo between 2 :censored:e divisions all the time. Lets see how they go paying all the up keep costs that Latics have footed all this time.

Want well run look at the top 2 or 3 sides in league 1. The groomers are no better run than OAFC.

They've been better run than us for a while. They accept they're a selling club but still try and build a stable team with a stable manager. No surprise they've gone from 30-odd years in L2, to two promotions and a play off final in the last ten years or so since Hill first arrived.

Their list of ex-players who've moved up the leagues for decent money shows why they've done so well. Lambert, Holt, O'Grady, Dagnall, Dawson, Hogan, Murray etc.

Edited by oafc-latics

Depends what you classify as progress.

If staying in the 3rd tier division for 3 yrs is the sum of your achievements in history fair enough !!

Well I must admit they they are still years behind us on that issue.I was talking about their finanancial situation.

So to summarise: they are currently much better organised than we are overall.

And, as we are demanding success on the back of past glories, their bar is set much lower. If they achieve promotion to the championship within the next 5 years, they will have done it with methodical precision and will rightly deserve it.

Some people would argue with a frikken sign post

Good for them. With 330 shareholders (the largest with 24%) it is highly likely they will be local. They still owe the council £500,000 repayable over 9yrs.

They were well overdue the success they have enjoyed under Keith Hill after spending 36 consecutive years in the bottom tier.

They also have the lowest average position in the Football League for clubs who have enjoyed continuous league membership since the 1921-22 season.

I'm not envious at this moment in time.

2 towns of not hugely different size. I'll take our last 30 years and our next over theirs any day of the week and twice on SH,w many

How many teams in Premiership/Football League own their own ground and have money in the bank. That's what this debate is about.

2 towns of not hugely different size. I'll take our last 30 years and our next over theirs any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

What about the last 20 or even the last 10? I think that it is quite self indulgent to assume that our future years will be better than theirs at least short term.

I grant you that we had that unbelievable spell in cup semi finals and a final and promotion to the old first division but it is all but a distant memory now!

Wasnt it you who was complaining the other day about everytime that you post you are met with childish responses?

It was insults/insulting posts...

I'm serious, they now own there own ground & fair play to them but when I read about it 2 hours before it was posted on here I wondered how someone would turn this around to criticise Latics.

So seriously what have they been doing for the last 20 years if they are so well run? Why have they now only just been able to own their own ground.

Someone mentioned a stable manager, who has already left once at the first decent offer. They came up & straight back in recent years after previously sitting in the same league for many years. Another criticism thrown at Latics.

Edited by palmer1

It was insults/insulting posts...

I'm serious, they now own there own ground & fair play to them but when I read about it 2 hours before it was posted on here I wondered how someone would turn this around to criticise Latics.

So seriously what have they been doing for the last 20 years if they are so well run? Why have they now only just been able to own their own ground.

Someone mentioned a stable manager, who has already left once at the first decent offer. They came up & straight back in recent years after previously sitting in the same league for many years. Another criticism thrown at Latics.

Is this the point where you try to argue that black is white?

I knew about the proposal years ago and knew for sure 2 days ago but I didnt try to bring that up to justify my point because that is irrelevant.

TTA have left us currently (ignore the last 20 or 30 years as they are history now) as tenants in 'our' ground with a new facility the profits of which are being diverted to another of their Companies for which they expect us to be eternally grateful. I aint bothered much about Dale but I do admire where they are now, which is above us, and how solvent they are and probably most importantly how secure their future appears to be. Compare them to us with our overhanging debt.

Yeah, good on them! I give credit where it is due.

Posted · Hidden by Ackey, March 17, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Ackey, March 17, 2016 - No reason given

High standards from someone who thinks you can :censored: an unconscious girl so long as she's over age

Why do you feel the need to comment on my posts with opinions I don't hold?

Rochdale may own their ground but they haven't got a £6.5M stand which will see us probably double what they get in match day revenue. This is what will kill them sustaining L1 status, they have a small fanbase (as we've seen from their away support at BP) and rely on selling the gems they uncover, how long that will last is anyone's guess, but it's a risky business model.

The only thing I'm jealous of them over is they seem to be able to unearth a decent goal scorer which we certainly don't seem to be able to do.

While it makes for healthy debate, comparing how other League clubs are run is a futile way of assessing how our club could benefit.

Rochdale have slowly evolved to where they are now with mostly trials and tribulations along the way. No two clubs are identical in their circumstances, land, ownership, fan base and fan expectations. Most of our fans want us out of L1 and not downwards.

Suggesting Rochdale have found the holy grail for us to perhaps copy is way off the mark. What is needed to put it to the test is a group of fans with vision, enthusiasm and more than a little capital to get us off the ground - a much smaller ground.