Swindon Line Up

Excellent result and a good performance, good value for the 2 goal margin.

I thought Swindon were a niggly team, they were absolutely scared :censored:less of Forte's pace after he had skinned the full back for the first goal, he was blocked/obstructed and pulled back about half a dozen times off the ball, which the referee failed to see every time.

I thought overall they were poor and offered very little going forward, still an excellent win and 3 precious points, disappointing not to climb out of the relegation places, but if we keep picking up points we will be alright.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't go last night so wonder if anybody can tell us how we were without Holloway.

Fewer hoofs?

There weren't too many hoofs tbh, we played some decent stuff especially in the second half which we really dominated.

I like Holloway and I thought we would really miss him, but we used Main and Forte up front, Forte mainly out wide, they really couldn't handle his pace and were fouling him constantly off the ball (obviously without us getting any free kicks).

Didn't go last night so wonder if anybody can tell us how we were without Holloway.

Fewer hoofs?

I thought so.

B. Wilson unlucky to be dropped but it was the right call. Forte was somewhere near the Forte of 2014 and Main revelled in being the main man.

Work to do yet but beat Crewe and Fleetwood and I think we will get over the line.

Edited by deyres42

There weren't too many hoofs tbh, we played some decent stuff especially in the second half which we really dominated.

I like Holloway and I thought we would really miss him, but we used Main and Forte up front, Forte mainly out wide, they really couldn't handle his pace and were fouling him constantly off the ball (obviously without us getting any free kicks).

Ta. Reckon Holloway could play that role. When Forte is on fire it occupies a couple of defenders, and even from the wider position he's a threat cutting in from wide.

I thought so.

B. Wilson unlucky to be dropped but it was the right call. Forte was somewhere near the Forte of 2014 and Main revelled in being the main man.

Work to do yet but beat Crewe and Fleetwood and I think we will get over the line.

Pretty much. Hard to put a figure on it in these times but when you look at Shrewsbury's fixtures you have to wonder how they'll pick up more than 6 or 7 points, which would make 52/3 the aim. The rest have fairly easy run-ins so harder to predict.

Fewer hoofs?

Yes, but also worth bearing in mind that Swindon piss about at the back. A lot. We, especially Kelly/Main were winning the ball back much higher up the pitch, especially second half, meaning there was no need to hoof. Gerrard and J Wilson at centre half didn't touch the ball anything like as much as they have done in the last few games.