Swindon Line Up

So with a few injuries up top what are people thinking Sheridan will do to try and get the 3 points tonight?

I'm going the below...Winchester and Jones left out due to the poor BP playing surface.

Coleman

J Wilson Gerrard B Wilson Dennis

Dummigan Kelly Dieng Forte

Palmer

Main

Subs: Cornell, Cassidy, Brown, Mills, Jones, Winchester, Croft

Edited by Blue_Guru

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely Palmer needs to feature, but we can't leave Dieng out.

I think we need to attack this lot, perhaps bench Brian W and add Dieng to CB.

I'd still play Jones, especially after his rest.

I'm also hoping that Poleon suddenly appears from nowhere.

Main to score please.

Apart from up front.

Forte, Main, Cassidy & Poleon to come back to get us through 8 games (or less if Holloway recovers) isn't the end of the world.

As long as the midfielders chip in and the odd defender scores from a corner (both of which should happen anyway as a matter of course) we'll be fine...

Edited by HarryBosch

Swindon like to play it out from the back on the floor. Press them high up, with the state of our pitch their is a good chance of a mistake. I'd be tempted to bring back Poleon with the instruction to do just that he appears to have fallen very much out of favour.

Coleman

B Wilson

J Wilson

Gerrard

THD

Dieng

Palmer

Kelly

Main

Cassidy

Forte

Hopefully solid in defence, flexible going forward. Most important thing is that we press them high up early on as in the away game they tried to pass it out from the back every time and didn't do well under pressure. I'm not convinced that Cassidy is good enough for this level but he will at least put a shift in for the team and will be well suited to a pressing game.

Swindon like to play it out from the back on the floor. Press them high up, with the state of our pitch their is a good chance of a mistake. I'd be tempted to bring back Poleon with the instruction to do just that he appears to have fallen very much out of favour.

Shez said that he's still coming back from injury in his interview on LP.

Coleman

Wilson - Dieng - Gerrard - THD

Dummigan - Palmer - Kelly - Jones

Main - Forte

Jones will cut in from the left and THD likes to bomb forward so that makes sense. Jones playing on the same side as Forte could also provide opportunities for Forte to run in behind.

edit: Forgot about Dummigan!

Edited by sjk2008