Attendance

The point about smoking is a good one, yet again fans allowed out at halftime against Burton to have a fag, it seems at our ground everything is an inconvenience to those who look after the fans, whether it's having a fag or celebrating a goal it seems to me like it's all a big effort, you hardly ever see stewards at most other grounds yet ours walk round like the gestapo, far too many of them who probably cost the club thousands a game.

I asked the trust a few months ago about supporters going out for a fag and they replied that these grounds are breaking the regulations of their safety certificate. We do not want to take that chance.

Why's it a big one?

How many aways do you go to then?

Turning a response to your ludicrous comment into a dick measuring contest is a sure sign you know you are wrong. I'm sure I don't go to as many away games as you, but in my limited experience I can't remember ever being to a ground where you hardly ever see a steward. Please let me know which clubs these are and who lets the fans out for a fag at half time or do they leave the latch off?

Few years ago it was either Cheltenham or Wycombe where the stewards opened the gates and let you have a smoke at half time.

My point wasn't clear. I meant if there aren't stewards around, who will be there to let the fans out for said fag.

You could have a fag in the ground at Mansfield at the back of the away end, my question with regards how many away games Latics Pete has been to is relevant and not a dick measuring exercise, if he hasn't been to many how the :censored: would he know, the guy has a problem with everything I post, it's getting a bit sad really.

There is no smoking at any of the stadia in Australia. At most sporting events, you scan your card/ticket at the turnstile when you go in. If you want to go out for a smoke or cheaper/ better beer etc at any time, you just get the steward to scan your card with a hand held device. When you want to go back in, you rescan your card at the turnstile.

No smoking in pubs or restaurants and you cannot smoke within 4 metres of any entrance. They even have no smoking areas in the CBD. At half time at the Gabba, there are approximately 5000 people around the ground at any given time during the break out having a cig. There are bins for you to put out your cigs. If you are seen putting it out on the floor it's a $300 fine. At $25 a pack, it can be expensive. I gave up smoking for the nth time a couple of years ago but I still go out at half time. The second hand smoke lasts me all week and it has saved me a fortune!

I asked the trust a few months ago about supporters going out for a fag and they replied that these grounds are breaking the regulations of their safety certificate. We do not want to take that chance.

It was Mark Moisley who told us that at a forum. I've had a look around and can't see anything in any regulations which expressly prevents any clubs from letting people out to smoke- can anyone else?

It was Mark Moisley who told us that at a forum. I've had a look around and can't see anything in any regulations which expressly prevents any clubs from letting people out to smoke- can anyone else?

Yeah I remember a meeting with that being asked I was with savage. The answer was the other clubs are breaking rules.

I was discussing this with someone at the game they said it was bull:censored:.

It is what it is tho. There is currently no smoking in the ground and we cant go for a smoke at half time. It would be decent if we could do this. I dont see why we would need to leave the ground from the rocky rd end we could just use the far corner near the exit from blokes toilets.

I think it does need sorting out for us tho but I dont think its a reason why people dont attend games.

Yeah I remember a meeting with that being asked I was with savage. The answer was the other clubs are breaking rules.

I was discussing this with someone at the game they said it was bull:censored:.

It is what it is tho. There is currently no smoking in the ground and we cant go for a smoke at half time. It would be decent if we could do this. I dont see why we would need to leave the ground from the rocky rd end we could just use the far corner near the exit from blokes toilets.

I think it does need sorting out for us tho but I dont think its a reason why people dont attend games.

Why leave the Rocky or even go in the corner. Just pop in the bogs at half time.