Attendance

565 from Walsall is piss poor at this stage of the season for a team going for automatic promotion...I think we took just short of 1000 to The Bescot on the opening day.

Our away support is second to none, I just wish we could get a few more in at BP!

Dreadful following. I'd question why I bother if that was all we could muster in their position, with their away record, and it's hardly like they're in this position every season either. Goes to show how :censored:e this league really is.

Edited by NewBlue

565 from Walsall is piss poor at this stage of the season for a team going for automatic promotion...I think we took just short of 1000 to The Bescot on the opening day.

Our away support is second to none, I just wish we could get a few more in at BP!

I was saying this to my United pal the other day on a drunken talk. He was having none of it. Stupid :censored:.

???

how many would we of took to wallsall at this stage of the season if we were third in the league over 1500 would me my guess so correct a poor turn out from them for sure

How many would we have taken there if that was an away game yesterday, in the position we're in? We'd have taken 1200-1500 I think.

I expected at least 1000 of them. Very disappointing.

More concerning is our home attendance figures. Can't even get 5k for home games now. Bottom tier support really and with city expanding down the road it's not ideal. Don't know what the answer is but hope shez build a team and we get a few of the old regulars back

Plenty could be done to improve attendances including incentives when buying season tickets to attract lapsed fans, more than anything though Corney needs to support Shez and give us a team to compete, most of us would be content with a top 8/10 fiinish and it's imperative that Shez is given every chance to carry on progressing the team, the only way we will put numbers on the gate is through success on the pitch and a genuine feeling that we are having a go.

More concerning is our home attendance figures. Can't even get 5k for home games now. Bottom tier support really and with city expanding down the road it's not ideal. Don't know what the answer is but hope shez build a team and we get a few of the old regulars back

Central heating. I'm middle aged and have an indoor sedentary lifestyle. It's incredibly cold and damp at BP. I want heating under my feet and arse. I'd also to play under a closed roof.

Attendances up this season I think.

It's actually a smidge lower......

Last season 23 games attracted an average of 4349 fans, up to now with 21 games played and the average is 4324 with Crewe and Coventry to play.

That's not too bad considering our horrendous home record and league position pre-Shez.

It's actually a smidge lower......

Last season 23 games attracted an average of 4349 fans, up to now with 21 games played and the average is 4324 with Crewe and Coventry to play.

That's not too bad considering our horrendous home record and league position pre-Shez.

Fair enough.

Guest nonaenever

In my opinion, only a very good start to a season will attract (initially) a few hundred extra regular fans i.e. good results over the first 10 games or so and some of the fans will start to 'stick'. It's going to be a long, slow process even getting us to 5,000 regular home supporters - but that's what we need to do - get the hard core to around the 5,000 mark and try to build from there. Admittedly, incentives may help to a degree but a cracking positive start to a season is what will ultimately attract fans back - good football, positive results, a good cup run etc etc.

We have the manager to achieve that - once he's hopefully managed to keep us up of course - but we have to realise how far we have fallen - I know scores of former regulars who have simply lost interest in Latics over recent years (for various reasons - no smoking in ground - pathetic and childish stewarding - the Lookers stand demolition - no faith in certain directors etc. etc.)

We really do have some building to do on this front but good football and results is the ultimate starting point.

The point about smoking is a good one, yet again fans allowed out at halftime against Burton to have a fag, it seems at our ground everything is an inconvenience to those who look after the fans, whether it's having a fag or celebrating a goal it seems to me like it's all a big effort, you hardly ever see stewards at most other grounds yet ours walk round like the gestapo, far too many of them who probably cost the club thousands a game.

Guest nonaenever

The point about smoking is a good one, yet again fans allowed out at halftime against Burton to have a fag, it seems at our ground everything is an inconvenience to those who look after the fans, whether it's having a fag or celebrating a goal it seems to me like it's all a big effort, you hardly ever see stewards at most other grounds yet ours walk round like the gestapo, far too many of them who probably cost the club thousands a game.

Yes - I have just posted on another thread about our stewards - probably the most unhelpful I have personally come across. At Bury away - stewards told us to smoke inside the ground on the concrete at the right of the away end - nice of them - at Shrewsbury away - stewards asked if anyone wanted a smoke (!) and opened gates to let you outside for a cig - very nice of them - treat people like adults and they will behave like such. Treat them like animals - they will behave as such - simple really.

"You hardly ever see stewards at most other grounds" .....even for you that's a big one.