Could have applied for the job I guess. Think the website must be fine by someone part time or even voluntary. I imagine there the odd corney memo Gets thrown at them and that's what they post.

Quick enough to remove the shezzurection stuff mind

spoken to Peter Shirtliff twice ( briefly) in the last two weeks, he is a member at my golf club. First time I said as an Oldham fan for over 55 years ,what the hell is going on ! he said he didn't know, one minute everything was great the club was on the up , playing ok, season tickets going well etc ,he was waiting for a meeting with Sheridan and the board about budgets etc , next minute Sheridan has gone, he seemed genuinely surprised at what had happened . I asked if he was applying for the job and he said he had put his name forward but had heard nothing. Saw him again last Saturday and he said he was having an interview on Tuesday ( 7th). Seems a down to earth bloke , so good luck to him, but don't think he will get the job unless whoever comes in needs an assistant

spoken to Peter Shirtliff twice ( briefly) in the last two weeks, he is a member at my golf club. First time I said as an Oldham fan for over 55 years ,what the hell is going on ! he said he didn't know, one minute everything was great the club was on the up , playing ok, season tickets going well etc ,he was waiting for a meeting with Sheridan and the board about budgets etc , next minute Sheridan has gone, he seemed genuinely surprised at what had happened . I asked if he was applying for the job and he said he had put his name forward but had heard nothing. Saw him again last Saturday and he said he was having an interview on Tuesday ( 7th). Seems a down to earth bloke , so good luck to him, but don't think he will get the job unless whoever comes in needs an assistant

Sounds like a fair accurate assessment

I like what appear to be true conversations when they're produced on here!

Here's the official version:

spoken to Peter Shirtliff twice (briefly) in the last two weeks, he is a member at my golf club. First time I said as an Oldham fan for over 55 years ,what the hell is going on ! he said *undisclosed*