The season ahead

Wilson too slow and gets exposed at full back - looks much better in centre defence

Law - thus far not been good at all - and yes I know it's early days

Mantack - great prospect - great attacking - not seen enough to assess defensive capabilities

Edmundson - has he played full back yet ?

The way ( a poor) Grimsby were getting crosses in easily today suggest full backs are vulnerable. We'll see.

Have to disagree about Wilson. His strongest attribute is his positioning at full back. He's too short to play centre half long term.

I've never seen mantack play but I'd wager positioning is his biggest problem. Comes with experience and game time.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to disagree about Wilson. His strongest attribute is his positioning at full back. He's too short to play centre half long term.

How does that work?

He did well there last season. Very well even. Where does short, medium or long term come into it?

Edited by HarryBosch

How does that work?

He did well there last season. Very well even. Where does short, medium or long term come into it?

He hasn't got a big enough spring which would leave us vulnerable at set pieces.

He can fill in when we're short because positionally he's ok. That make sense?