The season ahead

I think we are missing a Forte, Dieng, Main, Holloway, Kelly, Gerrard and a Palmer. Glad we've got rid of all those in favour of the :censored:e left behind and the :censored:e thats been brought in. Oh and a Sheridan wouldn't go amiss at the moment because we look clueless.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we are missing a Forte, Dieng, Main, Holloway, Kelly, Gerrard and a Palmer. Glad we've got rid of all those in favour of the :censored:e left behind and the :censored:e thats been brought in. Oh and a Sheridan wouldn't go amiss at the moment because we look clueless.

Forte - Last season scored 3 in 28 games, not a great return for a striker/winger. Known to have crap knees. We're actively looking for a winger.

Dieng - Granted we have no replacement as such but a major complaint last year was that we lacked creativity in midfield. Banks appears to have been brought in as the solution.

Main - Mckay. I know which i'd rather have.

Holloway - Erwin, similar type of player, better goals record.

Kelly - Klok appears to be the holding midfielder type.

Gerrard - Clarke, same player.

Palmer - Flynn, both creative, both capable of tracking back and defending.

So after 3 meaningless friendlies where the main aim is to give everyone some game time and improve general fitness, and despite the fact we are 2 or 3 weeks behind everyone else you've already decided that the team and the manager are :censored:e.

Anything else you want to moan about!!

Forte - Last season scored 3 in 28 games, not a great return for a striker/winger. Known to have crap knees. We're actively looking for a winger.

Dieng - Granted we have no replacement as such but a major complaint last year was that we lacked creativity in midfield. Banks appears to have been brought in as the solution.

Main - Mckay. I know which i'd rather have.

Holloway - Erwin, similar type of player, better goals record.

Kelly - Klok appears to be the holding midfielder type.

Gerrard - Clarke, same player.

Palmer - Flynn, both creative, both capable of tracking back and defending.

I see what you're trying to do there but it isn't working

**** me. I feel like I've entered this thread in April 2017 and we're played 34, lost 30 and drew 4.

We're three friendlies down, three weeks into our pre-season and the same amount of time allowed for most of the team to get to know one another.

Why do fans always want results yesterday? Ludicrous

**** me. I feel like I've entered this thread in April 2017 and we're played 34, lost 30 and drew 4.

We're three friendlies down, three weeks into our pre-season and the same amount of time allowed for most of the team to get to know one another.

Why do fans always want results yesterday? Ludicrous

We were playing FC Fylde...

We were playing FC Fylde...

....and?

Means nothing. If we're bottom come October then I'll start to worry.

We're still two weeks from kick off and recruitment still to take place, which I suspect are first teamers. Two have been mentioned and in other sources, three or four.

Let's see who we field August 6th against Milwall then our position after 8 games

....and?

Means nothing. If we're bottom come October then I'll start to worry.

We're still two weeks from kick off and recruitment still to take place, which I suspect are first teamers. Two have been mentioned and in other sources, three or four.

Let's see who we field August 6th against Milwall then our position after 8 games

Of course it means something. We couldn't score even 1 goal against a semi-pro side 3 divisions below us!

Worry when you want. I'm worried now.

Last time we played a Level 6 team pre season we ran out 8-1 winners, now I know it's only a friendly but the fact that our first shot on target came in the 88th minute must be slightly worrying, it wasn't like we dominated any part of the game and came away unlucky, I'm all for starting from a blank sheet if that's what's required but these so called replacements who are better than what we had for less money are clearly not.

At this stage I'm more concerned about team morale,a couple of good wins with some goals will hopefully help.

Sounds easy when written down doesn't it?

Who is going to set these goals up and more importantly, who is going to score them?

Can't even nearly see where our goals are going to come from. We look completely inept going forward and a bit :censored: at the back too!

Don't think many are angry with the result, just concerned.

If the players had put any effort in they should be wiping the floor with a 6th tier side. Two weeks before the start of the season and no trialist involved, struggling to get a shot on goal.

We'll see when the season starts what it means, I suppose, but it causes unease...

I'm not looking at the friendlies, but you have to be blind to not see how weak this squad is at the moment. We need someone to lead the line and someone to dominate midfield. We have one left back, only two centre-backs and two more largely untried kids as cover. We've also one winger on a monthly contract and another wide player who is also kid with little experience.

Two weeks to go. The manager is talking about bringing in another two players. No loans to fall back on.

Not enough. No where near. I'm concerned about how it looks on paper at this moment.

We need a striker with pace, a left back, another centre back who's played games in the league, 2 or 3 wingers and a centre mid with a bit of vision and an eye for a pass (a forward one).

We are well short at the moment and I think it's obvious to most who aren't deluded.

We need a striker with pace, a left back, another centre back who's played games in the league, 2 or 3 wingers and a centre mid with a bit of vision and an eye for a pass (a forward one).

We are well short at the moment and I think it's obvious to most who aren't deluded.

A Wellens/Stephens/Jones at his best type is the most glaringly obvious hole. Not easy to find a decent one, but this is why the backroom staff were employed...

Midfield doesn't at all look balanced to me without one.

A Wellens/Stephens/Jones at his best type is the most glaringly obvious hole. Not easy to find a decent one, but this is why the backroom staff were employed...

Begs the question what are we paying all these staff in these numerous roles for if they can't put together a remotely balanced side with any attacking intent.

Erwin looks the best of our forwards from what I've seen, whether he is up to leading the line on his own is a different matter.

When the kids came on yesterday at least they offered some energy and enthusiasm, it shouldn't be left to them to create the spark we have some senior pro's out there yesterday and other than Clarke - Edmondson was the only one who wanted to organise and talk at the back, it's no good having a bitch fest and blaming each other when mistakes are made they need to organise and sort it out before it happens, if Gerrard available I'd pair him with Clark and move George to right back bring in Lafferty at Left back and build from there, too many at the minute are not up to it and it needs someone with Gerrards character to sort out.

I must have another look at that young trialist midfielder at Droylsden again, great first touch and a sharp football brain, his one touch through passes were a delight to watch, he looked a class above anyone we have.

It could be like the winger trialist we had who had been at Buxton and Barrow higher clubs will now have spotted him. I don't suppose we had a scout at Droylsden though.

As mentioned in another thread the Droylsden right back is excellent, fit, fast and can pass a ball, a FL player in the making IMO.

Edited by BP1960

I must have another look at that young trialist midfielder at Droylsden again, great first touch and a sharp football brain, his one touch through passes were a delight to watch, he looked a class above anyone we have.

It could be like the winger trialist we had who had been at Buxton and Barrow higher clubs will now have spotted him. I don't suppose we had a scout at Droylsden though.

As mentioned in another thread the Droylsden right back is excellent, fit, fast and can pass a ball, a FL player in the making IMO.

I know what you're saying, but it's Droylsden. And I also know you'll say Jamie Vardy was playing non-league 5 years ago, but for every Jamie Vardy, there are 100 Jody Banim's...

Begs the question what are we paying all these staff in these numerous roles for if they can't put together a remotely balanced side with any attacking intent.

No it doesnt they have had 3 weeks and they didn't even inherit a squad.

The question that begs to be asked is how many more players can we get in and what type of players are required before the start of the season.

No it doesnt they have had 3 weeks and they didn't even inherit a squad.

The question that begs to be asked is how many more players can we get in and what type of players are required before the start of the season.

Your question has already been answered by the manager himself. A quick striker and a winger. So 2.