The season ahead

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted for 80% of the team but you still need 1 or 2 players capable of positive decisive passing/shooting

Winchester given the 10 shirt so assume he will get first go at being the 'creator'.

Flynn is a forward thinking player from what we know.

Winchester given the 10 shirt so assume he will get first go at being the 'creator'.

Flynn is a forward thinking player from what we know.

Probably the reality of it...Winchester needs to buck up, he gets till end of September for me. A Sheff Utd mate informs me will will get a decent 50% of games out Flynn the rest he will be a passenger. Edited by Blue_Guru

Probably the reality of it...Winchester needs to buck up, he gets till end of September for me. A Sheff Utd mate informs me will will get a decent 50% of games out Flynn.

I don't think Winchester ever makes it, a fancy turn every 10 games seems to keep plenty of the masses happy though.

Not seen any games but from what people say on here, Croft is a waste of a wage. Not quick enough to take a man on & doesn't score enough to warrant a contract.

I've not seen his pre-season games but I've seen 40 odd other games & id rather the money be spent on a fast winger.

I don't think Winchester ever makes it, a fancy turn every 10 games seems to keep plenty of the masses happy though.

Spot on.....NOT good enough and never shown any consistency whatsoever and cannot manage a full 90 minutes...let's hope Robbo has seen something with NI that I must have missed for the last 5 or 6 seasons...

Spot on.....NOT good enough and never shown any consistency whatsoever and cannot manage a full 90 minutes...let's hope Robbo has seen something with NI that I must have missed for the last 5 or 6 seasons...

He did win one of the player of the year awards in 2014/15 (even though Jones should clearly have swept the board)

Whatever you think of Winch, he clearly has not shown any consistent quality for the undoubted amount of quality a lot of people see in him.....and we cannot afford to carry anybody at the moment...

Guest nonaenever

Very, very early days but if first impressions mean anything then mine are....... full backs look suspect ...... a worrying lack of pace up front and in the team generally...... Croft completely unfit (and yet was the best player against Hudds - that's worrying!), Winchester has one absolute last chance to prove himself; if he's not producing it after 12 games - he's finished with us for me. Connor Brown remains a liability. Creative midfield player needed IF Winny doesn't step up to the plate. I also really wish Kelly was still here as our midfield terrier (and yet to see anybody anywhere near Mike Jones' level of performance).

I just hope the new manager and team do get genuine "time" from the fans though. It will take about 10 games before we see the real team shape and teamwork start to come together - then we can start to judge just a little!

For me - poor start to season for obvious reasons - anything above relegation come May will be a bonus. Im looking at more of a medium to long-term view - in reality we have probably been panic buying a little bit just to get the numbers in.

Good luck to the manager, backroom staff and team - you'll get no groans from me throughout the season, to be fair. In reality it's another "miracle working time" all over again but with at least a longer period to work it!

Very, very early days but if first impressions mean anything then mine are....... full backs look suspect ...... a worrying lack of pace up front and in the team generally...... Croft completely unfit (and yet was the best player against Hudds - that's worrying!), Winchester has one absolute last chance to prove himself; if he's not producing it after 12 games - he's finished with us for me. Connor Brown remains a liability. Creative midfield player needed IF Winny doesn't step up to the plate. I also really wish Kelly was still here as our midfield terrier (and yet to see anybody anywhere near Mike Jones' level of performance).

I just hope the new manager and team do get genuine "time" from the fans though. It will take about 10 games before we see the real team shape and teamwork start to come together - then we can start to judge just a little!

For me - poor start to season for obvious reasons - anything above relegation come May will be a bonus. Im looking at more of a medium to long-term view - in reality we have probably been panic buying a little bit just to get the numbers in.

Good luck to the manager, backroom staff and team - you'll get no groans from me throughout the season, to be fair. In reality it's another "miracle working time" all over again but with at least a longer period to work it!

Why is it always ten games?

Why can't it be nine...or eleven??

Still, I wish I had your confidence, after two pre-season friendlies, with a team that has never played alongside each other before.

If we finish above last years place then I will take it as an good base to kick on from.

Laying the foundation season for me but I liked to see some attractive footy and some goals for us along the way.

Can't argue with that. It's just a shame that we say that every season.

Not seen any games but from what people say on here, Croft is a waste of a wage. Not quick enough to take a man on & doesn't score enough to warrant a contract.

I've not seen his pre-season games but I've seen 40 odd other games & id rather the money be spent on a fast winger.

Ouch a tad harsh me thinks....says a lot if he is then currently coming out as the best player at the mo?

I do like crofty, however for me and most others it's if he keeps fit an injury free. I can't see him playing every 90 mins every game now, more of an impact player. But he does give 100% and has moments of genius to boot too. In fact if he can still whip in a couple of decent crosses in the box to all we need is someone tall enough to get his nogging on it. I like that he is willing to backtrack too.

I think the club have played their cards well offering him only a month by month contract and I kinda respect crofty for actually wanting to be part of something new. If he can't hack it on the pitch as first choice every week, then hopefully he can bring something into the dressing room to help the young guns we have.

Let's see how it goes.

Edited by underdog

I hate the fact every year is a "lay the foundations" year, then 15 games in we want the manager out cos we aren't in the top half. Never ending circle of :censored:. I'll be happy with stability this year and a couple of gems unearthed. I also want a cup run and some memories of last minute winners at grounds we have no right in winning at ie Millwall

I hate the fact every year is a "lay the foundations" year, then 15 games in we want the manager out cos we aren't in the top half. Never ending circle of :censored:. I'll be happy with stability this year and a couple of gems unearthed. I also want a cup run and some memories of last minute winners at grounds we have no right in winning at ie Millwall

I know I hope every year, but yes a decent cup run too