The OWTB Prediction League - Sign up now!

23 players of very dubious quality. With Dave Collinge no longer the force he was in the early years and the reigning champion retired, I think it'll be a slow-burning low scorer and a bit embarrassing to watch.

The Yardog73 of the prediction league ....

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the prediction league without the helpful, constructive analysis of journeymen try-hards by retired champions?

If you're as good as you think you are, stake your reputation on joining for the forthcoming season. Unless, of course, you're not very confident. Those lacking in confidence often try to disguise it by demeaning others. Man or mouse?

If you're as good as you think you are, stake your reputation on joining for the forthcoming season. Unless, of course, you're not very confident. Those lacking in confidence often try to disguise it by demeaning others. Man or mouse?

Such a kind offer, but I won't even reconsider my retirement unless the administrators catch up with everyone else and recognise me as last season's champion. And my deadline for their doing so passed some time ago. No going back...unless the money and baubles are right.

As twice champion, without the money at stake, I'm finding the build up quite exciting.

In the successful seasons, remembering to predict every week was enough to take me to victory. Off field distractions cost me last season.

I suspect I'll need to do more than just turn up to be at the competitive end of the table this season.

Of last year's subscription league players JoshOWTB, NewBlue, rudemedic, Kusunga_Is_God, astottie, LaticsChris, laticdickovarmy, milnrow latics, Laticsbiffo, HarryBosch, Andy-latic, Carl Waters and Zorrro are yet to enter. Obviously there's 24hours too but, as we're all aware, he's given up after throwing away the title Kevin Keegan style last season.

With the free league now a thing of the past, don't regulars JohnPlatt, maddog and steveoafc fancy making the step up...?

Of last year's subscription league players JoshOWTB, NewBlue, rudemedic, Kusunga_Is_God, astottie, LaticsChris, laticdickovarmy, milnrow latics, Laticsbiffo, HarryBosch, Andy-latic, Carl Waters and Zorrro are yet to enter. Obviously there's 24hours too but, as we're all aware, he's given up after throwing away the title Kevin Keegan style last season.

With the free league now a thing of the past, don't regulars JohnPlatt, maddog and steveoafc fancy making the step up...?

Which division will I go into?

You finished fifth last season so would be guaranteed a place in the Premier League.

You say that like it's a good thing.

I should still be classed as an "amateur" or "young player" for at least two more seasons and, therefore, be given the chance to win the easy money in the Championship...

24 - are you up for a breakaway league?

Edited by HarryBosch

From a prize money perspective, it doesn't matter..... ....

It does if it's easier to win the league below which, in theory , it should be

And it means the de facto winner, whichever league he, or she,.... ok he, is in gets a lower payout

Edited by HarryBosch

Didn't even realise the free one wasn't on this year! I'd already decided I can't be arsed with it this year. Mainly because I'm rubbish at it! I even spent ages looking at previous attendances, making sure my goal scorer was actually in the team, looking at form etc last year, but was still pants!

Good luck to all who are entering though, and big thanks to Stevie and BL for all their work one the freebie league over recent seasons!

Didn't even realise the free one wasn't on this year! I'd already decided I can't be arsed with it this year. Mainly because I'm rubbish at it! I even spent ages looking at previous attendances, making sure my goal scorer was actually in the team, looking at form etc last year, but was still pants!

Good luck to all who are entering though, and big thanks to Stevie and BL for all their work one the freebie league over recent seasons!

Come on girl, give it a go. You know it makes sense. And money. Edited by Bristolatic

FFS I'm resorting to Latin in a similar manner to how 24 resorts to French when he's rattled...

Now listen here, Harry. For God's sake do NOT, under any circumstances, become Mr24 MkII. Be your own man, accept the accolade that you finished in a very healthy position with your first attempt last season and just go for it. In the Premier Division, of course. Mind you, if we don't get enough taking part, we'll only have the one division and all the plans for promotion/relegation will go out the window.

So, this is also a rallying cry to all those who took part last season, but haven't done so yet. Cough up with your tenner and give it a go. It helps the club and Dr Kershaw's Hospice. Newcomers are welcome too; it's not a closed shop and there is no elitism (apart from 24hoursfromtulsehill who thinks he's the bee's knees, dog's bollocks and any other self gratifying idiom you can think of). It's good fun, plenty of banter and piss taking.

AND THERE'S CASH PRIZES.

19A26F7600000578-2999168-image-a-1_14266

Now listen here, Harry. For God's sake do NOT, under any circumstances, become Mr24 MkII. Be your own man, accept the accolade that you finished in a very healthy position with your first attempt last season and just go for it. In the Premier Division, of course. Mind you, if we don't get enough taking part, we'll only have the one division and all the plans for promotion/relegation will go out the window.

So, this is also a rallying cry to all those who took part last season, but haven't done so yet. Cough up with your tenner and give it a go. It helps the club and Dr Kershaw's Hospice. Newcomers are welcome too; it's not a closed shop and there is no elitism (apart from 24hoursfromtulsehill who thinks he's the bee's knees, dog's bollocks and any other self gratifying idiom you can think of). It's good fun, plenty of banter and piss taking.

AND THERE'S CASH PRIZES.

19A26F7600000578-2999168-image-a-1_14266

I might re register and sneak into the easy league....