http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/99243/latics-boss-targets-forward-boost

SR - "We are still in the process of doing things and it's a steep learning curve for some of the boys, but we can't make excuses - they need to learn quickly."

Good to hear...

It's just the usual manager speak though, isn't it? Most of them aren't young experienced kids and so why should it be a steep learning curve, really? I'm not criticising Robinson - he's saying what he has to. "The budget's :censored: and a lot of these players probably aren't good enough" isn't really an option.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just the usual manager speak though, isn't it? Most of them aren't young experienced kids and so why should it be a steep learning curve, really? I'm not criticising Robinson - he's saying what he has to. "The budget's :censored: and a lot of these players probably aren't good enough" isn't really an option.

I take the learning curve bit to mean them learning what HE wants them to do as opposed to learning to play football

Posted Yesterday, 03:13 AM

BP1960, on 08 Aug 2016 - 10:20 PM, said:

Going by the title this thread could run forever.

Well today is the day today

from my perspective you posted about today yesterday - but I guess I'm posting from tomorrow being from down under :omg:

Edited by Stagger Lee

Why are so many always so accepting of mediocrity?

There seems to be a bit of a "don't worry about winning any games yet Steve" attitude from some of you. :lol:

Quite rightly nobody "expected" us to win yesterday but, after everything SR has said since joining, I was at least expecting to see us look organised and be hard to beat.

Gelling, patterns of play, goals and all the rest of it might well take time (although they don't have to) but it's a bit worrying how soft the goals were.

While it's fair enough that he's not had time to get a lot of things as they should be getting us organised at the back & defending set pieces is the easiest part of a football managers job - Shez did it pretty much instantly with someone else's players who were devoid of any confidence.

But it was all so, so easy for Millwall. And they also had several players making their debuts.

Is Millwall's pitch quite big or did our lack of width and pace just make it seem like that?

Even if quality is lacking we desperately need a quick winger or striker if only as an outlet when we're away from home.

We could have lost 3-0 yesterday and still come away with some positives but for there to have been none is disappointing & worrying.

Hopefully a week from now he'll have quickly put right the simple stuff that was wrong yesterday.

So far so good..... :grin: