Gillingham

samuelwhittaker

Good man Will. I'll be staying in Dalston so probably getting the fast train from St Pancras/Stratford, maybe the 12:27 that takes 40 minutes. I presume Ben will do the same. My sister is planning to go to the game as well, and lives South. You think you'll come up to STP or stay south of the river?

On pubs etc. I only remember being in the grotty one near the ground that has the compensation of being next to a chippy. But open to alternative suggestions.

Darts as in weaponry we'll need to protect ourselves from the Medway yokels?

They're not threatened by darts - but they are threatened if you show them a pictorial representation of something in the world, like a man throwing a spear at a mammoth.

There's a south London train contingent. Nervous Tic and I are getting on at Bromley South - the Victoria to Gillingham slow train goes through there. Slow train means quality time with cans of lager and probably less time in Gillingham.

They're not threatened by darts - but they are threatened if you show them a pictorial representation of something in the world, like a man throwing a spear at a mammoth.

There's a south London train contingent. Nervous Tic and I are getting on at Bromley South - the Victoria to Gillingham slow train goes through there. Slow train means quality time with cans of lager and probably less time in Gillingham.

Has Nervous_Tic become a member of the People's Front of South London? :redcard:

I was looking for an excuse not to go and thankfully I got made redundant today, so I'm out!!

Particularly when tix for the Meccano End from the Sheepfoot Lane box office are only £17 inc postage. And I wasn't on the helium this time. Commiserations, all the same

What's our rendevous pub in Gillingham?

Let me know what train the Southern contingent will be on and I'll see you either at the pub or possibly on the train depending what others are doing. May bring special Belgian beer.

On pubs the grotty one next to the chippy near the ground has apparently recently turned into an American diner called McDoody's with the worst average reviews I have ever seen for any eating establishment.

Alternative suggestions welcome but as there is a pub next to the station - Southern Belle - that is presumably the default?

Let me know what train the Southern contingent will be on and I'll see you either at the pub or possibly on the train depending what others are doing. May bring special Belgian beer.

On pubs the grotty one next to the chippy near the ground has apparently recently turned into an American diner called McDoody's with the worst average reviews I have ever seen for any eating establishment.

Alternative suggestions welcome but as there is a pub next to the station - Southern Belle - that is presumably the default?

Happy with the Southern Belle. Can't for the life of me remember the name of the place we went to last year - the one with the Dartboard where I scored a flawless 32 checkout (D8, D8).

Edit: I'm reliably informed that the darts pub is called the Dog and Bone. Just round the corner from the station.

There appèars to be rail replacement bus services part of the way to gillingham from St Pancras, Victoria, bromley south etc

Oh dear.

Yep. I'm seeing this too. Bus from Meopham (where?) to Gillingham takes 40 minutes, which makes it a right old trek. What time is everyone getting on at Brommers?

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill