When life deals you an unexpected blow

opinions4u

I suppose we all have different ways of dealing with things, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't front up to this the way that you are Dave, enjoy Malta I'm pretty sure it is a different type of place than when I holidayed in Buggiba in 1981.

There's no right or wrong way to deal with it.

Before the final diagnosis I kept things very much to myself. I just alerted my ex about possible bad news to come for the kids and she's been really good about it. Opening up and sharing the news now is just my way of dealing with it.

Lung cancer's a funny one because it doesn't seem to get its fair share of research money. And because it's been a quick killer historically it's not got a series of celebrity survivors banging the drum for it.

There's also the "he smoked, it was his own fault" brigade. Well I didn't. And it isnt!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sad to hear about the crap hand you have been dealt O4U

Hoping though that you are able to spend as much time as possible surrounding yourself with the ones who love you.

I enjoyed reading your blog and maybe we can catch up at the cricket down under for a drink.

Carpe diem!

Very sad to hear about the crap hand you have been dealt O4U

Hoping though that you are able to spend as much time as possible surrounding yourself with the ones who love you.

I enjoyed reading your blog and maybe we can catch up at the cricket down under for a drink.

Carpe diem!

Whereabouts are you?

Well I'll have a couple of jet lagged days looking at opera houses and harbour bridges!

I'm still blogging:

https://travelinhopeblog.wordpress.com/

A very good read, and insight into what is happening and your thoughts

hope you continue to fight this and remain so positive

?

Glad you got to taste a Cisk in Malta too

I brought some home from Gozo last year, have got one left in the fridge, saving it for a special occasion

As I hurtle towards the 100 day mark there's a realisation that one in three lung cancer sufferers are dead within 90 days of diagnosis.

https://travelinhopeblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/02/one-in-three-lung-cancer-sufferers-are-dead-within-ninety-days-of-diagnosis/

Flight upgrades too:

https://travelinhopeblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/02/ive-had-my-first-class-experience-upgraded-sort-of/

Edited by opinions4u