When life deals you an unexpected blow

opinions4u

4 hours ago, opinions4u said:

As if terminal lung cancer isn't enough, along with "it'll go away on its own" Bell's palsy, I now seem to have labyrinthitis.

At least it helped mitigate the drum at Wimbledon ...

https://travelinhopeblog.wordpress.com/2017/05/01/have-i-got-yet-another-disease/

If the McWhirters were still about I would give them a ring for you to see if you qualified for their book. 

It also explains when in conversation with you I tended to get shuffled to the right hand side.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
13 hours ago, opinions4u said:

End game.

https://davestringertravels.com/2018/01/11/the-end-of-the-line/

We'd better make the Checkatrade final and win the glorious trophy now.

Sorry to hear that O4U

not sure what to say, but keep the faith and take care 

Hope Latics can help to make the next few months a little more bearable 

It makes for difficult reading and I can’t and perhaps wouldn’t like to imagine what you’re feeling, but I hope all those things you wish happen this year, do. All the best with your treatment, and I guess, quite optimistically one thing to consider is that, after reading about a Spanish prisoner who woke up in a morgue this week after being declared dead by 5 doctor’s, you’re not down until you’re out.

On 1/11/2018 at 8:28 PM, opinions4u said:

End game.

Yeah, was a tough read that. Really feel for you Dave. If anything else, I reckon you'll cram as much as you possibly can into the time you have left. Don't ever stop being positive, no matter what. You probably don't grasp quite how inspiring you are*.

* I've read that back and can't help feeling it might be patronising. It honestly isn't, just wanted to add a supportive message. :) 

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

43 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Yeah, was a tough read that. Really feel for you Dave. If anything else, I reckon you'll cram as much as you possibly can into the time you have left. Don't ever stop being positive, no matter what. You probably don't grasp quite how inspiring you are*.

* I've read that back and can't help feeling it might be patronising. It honestly isn't, just wanted to add a supportive message. :) 

I've not taken it as patronising.

My mindset is positive from the point of view I can accept death.  Not sure about the dying bit that cones before it.

The original "see the world" intentions are pretty much gone.  Travel is getting tougher.  But there's no depression.  I'm fairly tappy with what I've got and have started dishing out a bit of cash to the kids, which is immensely satisfying.

12 hours ago, opinions4u said:

I've not taken it as patronising.

My mindset is positive from the point of view I can accept death.  Not sure about the dying bit that cones before it.

The original "see the world" intentions are pretty much gone.  Travel is getting tougher.  But there's no depression.  I'm fairly tappy with what I've got and have started dishing out a bit of cash to the kids, which is immensely satisfying.

"Dad" is that you? 

On 11/01/2018 at 8:28 PM, opinions4u said:

End game.

Fucking Hell mate that makes devastating reading. Your positivity is an inspiration to all you are a true hero mate!

Keep Fighting you absolute legend

25 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

Fucking Hell mate that makes devastating reading. Your positivity is an inspiration to all you are a true hero mate!

Keep Fighting you absolute legend

Youre in good company.  Just had Ashes winning captain Michael Vaughan randomly follow me on Twitter and say much the same.

23 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

Yes, I jumped from 150 reads a day to nearly 4,000.

A bit of a shame I can't travel far these days given that it's meant to be a travel blog!

Send me your points and I'll do the travelling for you :D