Whatever happened to...

Different view with the ground falling apart as know how much money my late relatives put in during 1950s, 60s when others wouldnt, bailiffs paid etc, how much welding, repairs my grandad did for free, how much painting and sign writing dad did for nothing. How many of family employees worked on the ground for free and how many players he gave jobs and houses, shops too whilst playing and in many cases homes for life at peppercorn rents, and building skills several learned for free and use of building equipment. Wasn't all bad. Costs now the big enemy.

True,it wasnt always the good old days, the ground was a disgrace and very unsafe by today's standards.

Warms the heart though to relive the great monents.

Memorable games v York, Southport, Bournemouth, Bristol Rovers..... Big memory Shaw hat trick v Aldershot , 7-1 v Plymouth great atmosphere. Disgrace of toilets and seats in stands what seats?

I remember the 7-1 v Plymouth. If I recall it was 1-1 at half-time, and I was on the open terrace of the RRE, absolutely poured down in second half as we ran in six goals. I got home looking like a drowned rat and my mum went berserk. Said if I didn't go to school on Monday and tried to cry off with a cold/flu, there would be hell to pay. Happy days!