Whatever happened to...

People walking round BP collecting for charity with a bed sheet into which fans threw coins

I used to love that, you'd often get the odd crap throw and I'd jump down from hanging on the railings at the front then I'd have a bit more money to pay for my bovril, fish and chips and klix!

And our first competitive match at BP under floodlights was?

Accrington I believe , the week after the friendly v Burnley

A 5-0 victory that was later ruled out from the season statistics as Accy went bust and didn't finish the season

Edit - oct 1961

Edited by LaticsPete

Accrington I believe , the week after the friendly v Burnley

A 5-0 victory that was later ruled out from the season statistics as Accy went bust and didn't finish the season

I remember being at both of those. Didn't we wear a "floodlight" kit against Accrington? Tangerine shirts, red shorts and lime green and white socks?

We wore that a few times that season I think - certainly in the cup replay against Bristol Rovers and in the friendly against OFK Belgrade

The Bristol Rovers FA cup win was a magical night, I think they were in a division higher. Peter Pheonix at his best as I remember.

Does anyone know what the attendance was?