2016 memories and your predictions for 2017

Shez fist pumping as he & the players came out at Bradford - goosebumps.

err.....

I predict Robbo will make a couple of astute signings in these next few weeks and turn it around and keep us up, maybe even have us finish higher than for some time.

SC and friends will come up with some stellar "you couldn't make it up" shenanigans at some point which they're probably brainstorming as we speak

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My highlight (won't be many peoples) was travelling down to shrewsbury on a Tuesday night in january with all hope lost only for shez's team lead by gerrard to put in the first of many great performances and to actually give us the hope back as to what was around the corner.

There were many great games in that run and better performances but that was when the screw turned, and there were only a handful of us there that night to see it

That period under Shez when it felt like we might be a competitive and united football club, with a set of players who could be related to.

Since that went to :censored:, the Wigan cup game when I felt a glimmer of hope we may well surpass expectations.

Since that went to :censored:, virtually nothing. Attending has generally been stripped of all enjoyment and the club feels constantly disparaged by everybody associated to the point that supporting and retaining enthusiasm has become more trying.

Culminating in Lincoln, which didn't even give me the amusement of Crewe away last season.

Guest Stanley30

Lowlight was Sheridan proving to us all what a prick he was and showing what the club and fans really meant to him.

Highlight winning all marches over the Xmas period and Robbo being given some money in transfer window

Sheridan ain't the enemy mate. Can't believe you are laying any blame for this :censored:e at his door.

Q for corney - would it have been better (financially) to give shez an extra say 400k budget and have a shot at something and reap the benefits from this re bigger crowds or save that 400k and have our current income?

All hypothetical but with shez in charge and a team in place similar to the one we ended with last season I would like to think we would be top 10 at the mo. IMO we would be getting close to 4,000 home fans through the door every week which perhaps equates to 300 k more income over the yr.

I appear to have answered my own with question

He found 6m to build a stand and will cover a 1m loss. On the basis of this evidence I would say yes.

However he doesn't have to find 400k does he? This cost would be incurred throughout the year (paying out wages etc) and would be funded by the increased income throughout the year.

Basics.

He found 6m to build a stand and will cover a 1m loss. On the basis of this evidence I would say yes.

However he doesn't have to find 400k does he? This cost would be incurred throughout the year (paying out wages etc) and would be funded by the increased income throughout the year.

Basics.

And if he had done that and Sheridan had us performing like Notts County, with reduced attendances we'd be even more up :censored: Creek financially.

Basics

Edited by mcfluff1985

Business is about speculating to accumulate. With every investment there is an inherent risk. That's the point of business.

You appear to be suggesting that you do not want an owner who is willing to speculate on improved performance on the back of increased investment. Is that right?

Business is about speculating to accumulate. With every investment there is an inherent risk. That's the point of business.

You appear to be suggesting that you do not want an owner who is willing to speculate on improved performance on the back of increased investment. Is that right?

No I'm saying Corney can't/won't. He wants to sell.

You appear to be suggesting that an extra 400k in the budget would guarantee survival in the league. Is that right?

2016 worst team in 57 years.

2017 worst team in 58 years.

Agreed.

For me Shez worked a minor miracle to keep us up, and now we have come full circle and are back in the same deep :censored: we were in at this time last year.

Only this time I doubt we have a Shez on the horizon to come and save us.