Kyle Letheren

The big step up is the pace and quality  of the game and consistency...eg ....you have to catch a better  cross 19 times out of 20 rather than a more predictable cross 18 times out of 20. Small margins but very punishing consequences

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

For a goalkeeper what is a big step up? A shot is a shot-a cross a cross. Not convinced-you either have ability or not.

Absolutely right. And that's why there's no difference between Gianluigi Buffon and Dean Brill.

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

For a goalkeeper what is a big step up? A shot is a shot-a cross a cross. Not convinced-you either have ability or not.

Trust me, there's a world of difference. Let's take it to extremes. Pogs was our best keeper in years and you knew he was one of the best, of not THE best, in the division. Would he have been able to play in the Premier League? I doubt it because the odd mistakes he did make weren't punished as they would have been in the top division. Which basically means that a top level keeper has to be more consistent. That's the difference, although maybe not as much of a difference, between playing at the arse end of the Conference and playing in League 1.

12 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

This debate has been had on here before. It is truly one of the most bizarre propositions I have ever come across.