Kyle Letheren

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, latics22 said:

He looks class, reminiscent of Gordon banks in the World Cup, that first save. I'd have him number 1 after that video!!! Can we now PLEASE move on from ripley!

I wish I could, but for some reason I just Connor do it!

3 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

To be fair I was underwhelmed when I heard it was Letheren, that said I do believe he will be backup and according to York and Dundee fans he is 'good to have around the place' 

To be a backup keeper I suppose you don't really have to be good, just competent and that video shows that he is a competent keeper when it comes to shot stopping.

That said, I was a keeper myself and you could've put a video together like that for me really which shows 'best bits' so to speak. I won't judge him until I've seen him play but 99% sure Letheren will be a backup keeper to probably a loanee keeper (whoever that may be)

Thought kettings was still here.. is he number 1 then

3 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Rejected a new deal wanted to play first team football. 

Doubt he'll even get in the first team of a League Two club.

Fair play, it's his choice, I can't see him get many better offers than us. Maybe if he stayed he'd have got an opportunity through injury. He was just unfortunate last season that he was 2nd choice behind the best keeper in the league and had no chance of displacing Ripley. 

3 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Maybe if he stayed he'd have got an opportunity through injury.

I think the likelihood was that he was there in case of injury or sending off in a game and for the following game another loanee would have come in.

I suppose his self confidence wasn't helped by Shez not choosing a sub keeper for several of the last few games when Taylor was playing.

2 hours ago, astottie said:

I think the likelihood was that he was there in case of injury or sending off in a game and for the following game another loanee would have come in.

I suppose his self confidence wasn't helped by Shez not choosing a sub keeper for several of the last few games when Taylor was playing.

Is that linkage true? It would be a serious kick in the tits if you weren't needed on the bench because the new boy playing left wing played in goal once

20 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Is that linkage true? It would be a serious kick in the tits if you weren't needed on the bench because the new boy playing left wing played in goal once

On a similar note - how do you sell it to Letheren (or A N Other) that you really want him to sign but you hope you'll never have to play him? 

1 hour ago, leeslover said:

It's true that Shez didn't play him as a sub keeper in maybe 3 games towards the end of the season when Taylor was playing. I think they were all  at home but may be wrong. also true that Taylor has some ability as a keeper and has stepped in at least once - for Pogs at port vale on a Tuesday night. Whether Shez thought I'll put another forward on the bench and risk putting Taylor in if need be I don't know. 

But the again I've always liked a good conspiracy theory? We might have had another keeper warming up behind the grassy knoll.

Edited by astottie

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

On a similar note - how do you sell it to Letheren (or A N Other) that you really want him to sign but you hope you'll never have to play him? 

"Hi, would you like £35,000 a year to train 5 times a week and watch football every Saturday?"

16 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

By telling him to knuckle down and fight for the shirt? It's a big step up from York City, so show me you deserve a place in the team?