Kyle Letheren

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Hmmmm. Seemed rooted to his line for much of that.... and could/should have held a couple of them.

What they call a shot stopper, not many command their area these days.

Edited by BP1960

To be fair I was underwhelmed when I heard it was Letheren, that said I do believe he will be backup and according to York and Dundee fans he is 'good to have around the place' 

To be a backup keeper I suppose you don't really have to be good, just competent and that video shows that he is a competent keeper when it comes to shot stopping.

That said, I was a keeper myself and you could've put a video together like that for me really which shows 'best bits' so to speak. I won't judge him until I've seen him play but 99% sure Letheren will be a backup keeper to probably a loanee keeper (whoever that may be)

1 minute ago, unsworthlatic said:

To be fair I was underwhelmed when I heard it was Letheren, that said I do believe he will be backup and according to York and Dundee fans he is 'good to have around the place' 

To be a backup keeper I suppose you don't really have to be good, just competent and that video shows that he is a competent keeper when it comes to shot stopping.

That said, I was a keeper myself and you could've put a video together like that for me really which shows 'best bits' so to speak. I won't judge him until I've seen him play but 99% sure Letheren will be a backup keeper to probably a loanee keeper (whoever that may be)

and as York have now slipped to below national league he was probably not going to be on too much there

According to a York supporting mate:
Would make a decent sub keeper. Shot stopper and nothing more, but he's a nice bloke with a positive attitude- which is probably ideal personality for a 2nd choice GK

I wouldn't be surprised if our number 1 is a loan signing. Loan GKs are quite easy to come by and can be very good.