Shez on the move? + Potential Investment

I heard him shout to Green "why did you do that you arsehole" and tell Davies his was a "fucking know it all" and then proceed to tell the Burton bench "Davies hasn't played for 2 years and knows it fucking all Nigel"

I would say he was far more angry than usual. So much so we commented on how aggressive he was. Constant moaning last night from the start. 

Only plus point is Corney saw how limited we were so hopefully further scope for bring one or two in.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Clifford said:

I heard him shout to Green "why did you do that you arsehole" and tell Davies his was a "fucking know it all" and then proceed to tell the Burton bench "Davies hasn't played for 2 years and knows it fucking all Nigel"

I would say he was far more angry than usual. So much so we commented on how aggressive he was. Constant moaning last night from the start. 

Only plus point is Corney saw how limited we were so hopefully further scope for bring one or two in.

Can understand him getting angry and hot headed but for the love of fuk, why  criticise one of your own players to opp manager, if you were able to hear him I'm sure our bench did?.   Not good for morale?  Even if Davies is being a twat get at him at half and full time in house.  

9 minutes ago, Clifford said:

But that's what we all love about Shez isn't it ? If he didn't have the respect of these senior pros he wouldn't get away with it. But Davies especially knows what you get from him and I think will respond to it. It's funny if you ask me. ?

19 minutes ago, deckyd said:

Can understand him getting angry and hot headed but for the love of fuk, why  criticise one of your own players to opp manager, if you were able to hear him I'm sure our bench did?.   Not good for morale?  Even if Davies is being a twat get at him at half and full time in house.  

I'd rather him do that than stand silent with his arms folded like some ex managers.

Edited by yarddogs

24 minutes ago, yarddogs said:

I'd rather him do that than stand silent with his arms folded like some ex managers.

Fair point....surely if hes reacting to something he sees on the pitch that for instance Davies is doing/done, think he would be better telling Davies rather than Nigel fukn Clough.  To me having a go at a player is fine but having a go at them to opp manager doesnt sit right with me.  

Dont get me wrong I'm a massive Shez fan, dont see what he gains from running down his players to opp boss.

4 minutes ago, deckyd said:

Fair point....surely if hes reacting to something he sees on the pitch that for instance Davies is doing/done, think he would be better telling Davies rather than Nigel fukn Clough.  To me having a go at a player is fine but having a go at them to opp manager doesnt sit right with me.  

Dont get me wrong I'm a massive Shez fan, dont see what he gains from running down his players to opp boss.

Did he actually do this though?

I'd drop Gerrard for Stott or Edmundson. Look at the build up to them winning the penalty . He was yards ahead in a foot race in the left back position , lost the race then got done which allowed the cross to come in . He's cost us goals in pre-season and has followed into the games that matter. 

Stott would offer natural balance and the pace to help Clarke and Wilson out . 

6 minutes ago, GravityGrave said:

I'd drop Gerrard for Stott or Edmundson. Look at the build up to them winning the penalty . He was yards ahead in a foot race in the left back position , lost the race then got done which allowed the cross to come in . He's cost us goals in pre-season and has followed into the games that matter. 

Stott would offer natural balance and the pace to help Clarke and Wilson out . 

Unfortunately, Stott isn't quick on the turn either so could struggle in this team.

Edited by BP1960

On the original topic.

If there is some genuine investment available for the club - of the type that actually might make getting out of the Division in the right direction a genuine possibility rather than the hopeful pipe dream we have at the moment - but that was dependant upon the new investor having their own man in charge of the team:  What would you do?

Keep Shez and the current budgetary constraints.....

OR

Accept that its a fair price and we get a new manager and funds to go with it?

2 games in - Shez certainly hasn't increased his stock from last season (though I think doom and gloom and judgements are too soon) so are people more willing to see him move on.

15 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

2 games in - Shez certainly hasn't increased his stock from last season (though I think doom and gloom and judgements are too soon) so are people more willing to see him move on.

Everything that's wrong with our fan base in one sentence.

19 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

On the original topic.

If there is some genuine investment available for the club - of the type that actually might make getting out of the Division in the right direction a genuine possibility rather than the hopeful pipe dream we have at the moment - but that was dependant upon the new investor having their own man in charge of the team:  What would you do?

Keep Shez and the current budgetary constraints.....

OR

Accept that its a fair price and we get a new manager and funds to go with it?

If it was a choice, take the investment every fucking time.

He fucked us off for a better deal so why wouldn't we?

7 minutes ago, flytrap said:

Everything that's wrong with our fan base in one sentence.

Really?

For the second time in two years Shez finished a season in good form - and therefore his 'stock' was high with supporters.  A combination of squad changes, pre-season and 2 competitive defeats neither of which saw us play well - means that I think its fair to say that he hasn't increased his 'stock'.

31 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

Really?

For the second time in two years Shez finished a season in good form - and therefore his 'stock' was high with supporters.  A combination of squad changes, pre-season and 2 competitive defeats neither of which saw us play well - means that I think its fair to say that he hasn't increased his 'stock'.

F*cking

Games!!!!!

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

I had a mate who was managed by Sheridan in the last few years, no matter what happened, what the score was, he would come in at half time and go bloody mental, that's just the way he is I think, some react some don't, I suspect Davies knew what he was getting into 

KL by any chance? seen him in my local not long ago, said the same

54 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

Really?

Can people please politely fuck off with this friendly shit !! Who cares about pre season matches ? I honestly couldn't tell you how any other team has faired in their practice warm up kick abouts and if you can you need to get out more. Just to reiterate it really does not matter a jot, not one bit an iota ( what is an iota btw) 

2 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Can people please politely fuck off with this friendly shit !! Who cares about pre season matches ? I honestly couldn't tell you how any other team has faired in their practice warm up kick abouts and if you can you need to get out more. Just to reiterate it really does not matter a jot, not one bit an iota ( what is an iota btw) 

iota is the 9th letter of the Greek alphabet and the smallest - hence known as a name for something small.

Agree that friendlies don't mean anything.  Fitness is the only real benefit.

Just now, Scapegoat said:

iota is the 9th letter of the Greek alphabet and the smallest - hence known as a name for something small.

Agree that friendlies don't mean anything.  Fitness is the only real benefit.

Cheers mate I was gonna google it but I'd not heard of it till kusungaisgod mentioned it so wasn't sure if I'd get a virus from it.