Shez on the move? + Potential Investment

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Goal89 said:

F*cking

Games!!!!!

Appreciate that it is just 2 games.  My comment was that in those 2 games he had not increased his reputation from last season.

I am not suggesting that the 2 games is an indication of the season to come, but I still stand by the fact nobody is feeling more upbeat at the moment than they were at the end of the last season.

1 minute ago, Scapegoat said:

Appreciate that it is just 2 games.  My comment was that in those 2 games he had not increased his reputation from last season.

I am not suggesting that the 2 games is an indication of the season to come, but I still stand by the fact nobody is feeling more upbeat at the moment than they were at the end of the last season.

I don't really think that even if we'd won them it would have increased his stock. It's still only 2 games 

10 hours ago, OldHallam said:

One tweet from a so called agent....of who? Doesn't google well nor Linkdin says grad of Man Uni in 1991 only thing it says,  then tweets 8th Jan 2017 "24 your job malarky" on 6th Jan says 31 years in game player rep at 39 having graduated in 1991????  . ......nothing to read.

Poor English, "parting paid to potential investment ."   poor spelling in many tweets. No photos or links to website etc. Few followers on twitter 640 ish. follows 198 and hardly a prolific list of players. So calling bullshit. Big time bullshit. 

Ibby

Royle Army

In disguise!!

52 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I said before the season started we would struggle, all this talk of top six was highly premature. End of season form is not a indicator of true form . You have players concentrating, playing out of there skin. All teams picked up even Coventry. Plus you're playing some teams that have nothing left to play for. We should have enough to stay up finger crossed.....

We have top six talk at the beginning of every season on the back of a couple of signings which appear to offer potential. Will we get top six? Probably not.

are we favourites for relegation for a reason? Yes.

is anything different to the build up to this seasons compared to others? Not really.

it takes more than having a few freebies on 2 year contracts to be competitive in this league. The fact that we celebrate having players on contracts and suddenly think it means we are going places says a lot about our position and expectations. It also gives us a false sense of stability. 

We have a poor starting 11. End of story.

I currently have no reason to believe this season will be any different to the previous ten and have said as much since the end of last season.

hope I am way off the mark

16 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

How long has this ibby been around? I presume Dowie is the man to replace Shez

Ibby got the Belgian winger signing right though, with photographic evidence...

We went years knowing everything he said was shite, now that’s been thrown in to jeopardy. 

4 minutes ago, dec666 said:

Ibby got the Belgian winger signing right though, with photographic evidence...

We went years knowing everything he said was shite, now that’s been thrown in to jeopardy. 

A broken clock is right twice a day the guy is a bellend surprised he hasn't said Dowie to be announced with Jon Macken

1 hour ago, robboman said:

IMG_5964.PNG

I wonder if this would be a full takeover or just investment. 

Martin Lee the CEO of Ledman is invested into lots of football ventures and the company also owns the Newcastle Jets- they bought them for $5.5M AU 
They sponsor the second division in Portugal and are heavily invested in the chinese super league and the company also has their own team in the lower chinese leagues

Ledman itself has a net-worth of just over a billion. 

Edited by Kusunga_Is_God

It’s a smoke and fire scenario. I want to believe we wined and dined Martin Lee for investment purposes.  Got in his new flashing boards and he’s now happily putting money into our coffers. Corney has always said first and foremost that he wants an investor...this selling malarkey has always been BS (usually dummy spitting) and unless someone is mad enough to buy lock, stock and 2 smoking black holes of debt to satisfy the other 2 in New York then for Corney to push us away from the League One trapdoor he has always wanted and needed a Lee. It’s whether he could ever convince someone to part with their money and trust Corney to do a good job with it. Mike Newton couldn’t find this investment for him. Nor others (remember MTK Hungaria?) Mark Moiseley alluded to a “nucleus” for this season. Maybe Corney has found it this timeIf Shez was to be “mutually” moved on then it would probably give us the answer. It’s most likely all just smoke and fire without any real substance to it though. 

Edited by boundaryblue80

• Kusunga_Is_God changed the title to Shez on the move? + Potential Investment

This story is Steve Marlet, the America girls turning up, popping out to make a phone call, nipping out the toilet window to avoid signing, Steve Evans signing a contract in Ryder & Dutton office and Conor Ripley Co in back  rolled into one non event I think. 

He's talked a load of rubbish in the past, that's for sure. But you have to ask, how did he get a photo of trialist no. 14 signing a contract in the club offices two days before it was announced ?

That one wasn't just a lucky guess.

No one person is bigger than the club we have supported for years.

If a new investor / owner is waiting in the wings then I'd happily wave goodbye to Shez.  I like Shez but business is business and he left us last season dropping us majorly in the shit.

I've supported Oldham now for 30 years and every oppprtunity has been a false dawn so I'm ever the pessimist now.  New investor?  Mass strengthening? Kris Commons in our midfield?  Love it happy but my beloved club has never been that lucky.  

Standing in Anfield at our first game in the first division when Earl scored I cheered but instantly thought 'savour it lad, it won't last long'.  Same happened at the pub outside Loftus Road when Moore was singing I thought the same negative thoughts ....will do again this year if a billionaire on a white charger rides up Furtherwood Road.

10 hours ago, GravityGrave said:

I'd drop Gerrard for Stott or Edmundson. Look at the build up to them winning the penalty . He was yards ahead in a foot race in the left back position , lost the race then got done which allowed the cross to come in . He's cost us goals in pre-season and has followed into the games that matter. 

Stott would offer natural balance and the pace to help Clarke and Wilson out . 

I'd put a pallet of cement 5 yards out in place of Gerrard 

19 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Ignoring all this investment nonsense people actually think we should drop Gerrard? Dear me. The only reason we stayed up was the solid defence. Clarke and Gerrard need to play as many games as possible if we are to stay up.

Yes for Stott. Its completely unacceptable that he has come back from pre season still over weight. We're supposed to be a professional football club.

7 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Yes for Stott. Its completely unacceptable that he has come back from pre season still over weight. We're supposed to be a professional football club.

Assuming serious, which is hard to tell on here these days...

What at weight is he and what should he be?

What are his fitness levels/anaerobic capabilities etc and what should they be?

26 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Assuming serious, which is hard to tell on here these days...

What at weight is he and what should he be?

What are his fitness levels/anaerobic capabilities etc and what should they be?

Well he's visably over weight at the minute and its showed in his first 2 performances.

Who knows in answer to your questions. However if he had a fitness plan for pre season he hasn't stuck to it.