EFL Checkatrade Trophy should we drop Clark and Gerrard and replace with Edmundson and Stott

I'd use the Checkatrade (assuming this is what you mean?) to build cohesion and use it to work out his best 11.

Now, in respect of Edmundson and Stott, they're both very capable and following performances of Clarke and Gerrard (although they have had a lot of pressure on the defence as a whole due to our inept midfield displays) I would be tempted to throw 1 or both of them in and see how they go on playing a full season.

I would personally go with Clarke in the middle of Edmundson and Stott either side or certainly one or other alongside Clarke and Gerrard in a back 3.

Sorry guys I am getting mixed up I was referring to the Checkatrade trophy. Yes I would like to see Clarke in the middle of Edmundson and Stott. Gerrards mobility is getting worse. Yes he has lost pounds but with it he has also lost any pace he had. Shez needs to wake up because it's not just midfield where there are huge cracks. For god sake please play Hunt at left back . I cannot understand a manager who is experienced unsettling his side by playing his best players out of position. I watched the game last Saturday on my IPhone from Cebu City in the Philippines and had no problems the picture was perfect , only pity was the game was crap. 

Edited by Smiler13
Missed content

We are loosing games by more than two goals every week. We need to get in an experienced goal keeper and play the players that kept us up in defence at the end of last season and that did not include Gerrard. Edmundson and Stott gained lots of experience in non league last season and came back much better players. It's time we gave these guys a chance and give them their confidence back. Yes there is money in the Checkatrade however we need to start winning games and getting a settled side together and that means shoring up the defence. Christ our defence is like a leaky old sieve. 

43 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

We are loosing games by more than two goals every week. We need to get in an experienced goal keeper and play the players that kept us up in defence at the end of last season and that did not include Gerrard. Edmundson and Stott gained lots of experience in non league last season and came back much better players. It's time we gave these guys a chance and give them their confidence back. Yes there is money in the Checkatrade however we need to start winning games and getting a settled side together and that means shoring up the defence. Christ our defence is like a leaky old sieve. 

??

We've not lost by more than 2 goals since April 1st.

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

It did, didn't it? 

Gerrard.

Games to end of season after Gerrard's first match back. 21.

Games Gerrard played in. 14. He missed the last 4, and some through suspension.

Results when he didn't play.

P7 W1 D4 L2. Pts 5.     PPG=0.71 F02 A03 Av F0.29 A0.43

When he did.

P13 W7 D3 L3 Pts 24. PPG=1.84 F16 A13 Av F1.23 A1.00

Speaks for itself IMHO.

On 23/08/2017 at 2:50 AM, singe said:

Gerrard.

Games to end of season after Gerrard's first match back. 21.

Games Gerrard played in. 14. He missed the last 4, and some through suspension.

Results when he didn't play.

P7 W1 D4 L2. Pts 5.     PPG=0.71 F02 A03 Av F0.29 A0.43

When he did.

P13 W7 D3 L3 Pts 24. PPG=1.84 F16 A13 Av F1.23 A1.00

Speaks for itself IMHO.

You're setting a bad example BP1961 by bringing facts into a discussion that prove a point!

There are many problems at OAFC - but the centreback pairing is the least of them. As for the OP original question, yes bring in Scott and Edmundson.

7 hours ago, Stagger Lee said:

You're setting a bad example BP1961 by bringing facts into a discussion that prove a point!

There are many problems at OAFC - but the centreback pairing is the least of them. As for the OP original question, yes bring in Scott and Edmundson.

Not me Stagger I'm BP1960, I must have a younger rival?