Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

4 hours ago, Scapegoat said:

It's a results business - and Shez's since securing safety last season is pretty awful, and one that might get him sacked at many clubs, and possible ours in the near future.

Yes it's been a bit better in recent games - but the first few were bloody awful so that difficult - and we are still not good enough, particularly at the back.

Like the man, appreciate what he has done for us, but at this stage I wouldn't be shedding tears or protesting if he went.

For the Shez faithful - what if any point would you question his tenure?  In the drop zone after 10 games, 15 games, 20? The whole season?

You omit the fact he's been operating in far from ideal circumstances  

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

On the evidence of those bought in from from abroad who can't catch the team (with more to come soon), would it be much improved if they all played together under a new manager?

Wonder if he will give that midfielder Mohamed i think his name is a chance now Gardner is injured?

47 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

On the evidence of those bought in from from abroad who can't catch the team (with more to come soon), would it be much improved if they all played together under a new manager?

Can't catch the team? They haven t been here long. Completely different environment to what they're used to.

Maybe they're being brought in slowly. Rather than being chucked straight in. In to a team that had been unlucky v Charlton and Fleetwood and a team that beat Bristol since they've signed.

1 hour ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Wonder if he will give that midfielder Mohamed i think his name is a chance now Gardner is injured?

58 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I think we know Fane or Banks would be back in the frame.

Why so BP? We have signed Maouche on a two year deal and although any highlights reel can make a player look decent, he looks a very promising signing on that evidence. 

If he shows up well in training this week I would hope that he plays some part against Rotherham.

12 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Why so BP? We have signed Maouche on a two year deal and although any highlights reel can make a player look decent, he looks a very promising signing on that evidence. 

If he shows up well in training this week I would hope that he plays some part against Rotherham.

I imagine the manager would say not up to full speed and fitness yet.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Can't catch the team? They haven t been here long. Completely different environment to what they're used to.

Maybe they're being brought in slowly. Rather than being chucked straight in. In to a team that had been unlucky v Charlton and Fleetwood and a team that beat Bristol since they've signed.

Yet somehow I get the feeling Shez prefers in the main his own known and trusted players.

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I imagine the manager would say not up to full speed and fitness yet.

The word imagine is pretty apt. It's not just you but it's become another OWTB fact that these players aren't liked by Shez and weren't picked by him after a trial based on absolutely zero evidence

8 hours ago, Magister said:

At home we concede a goal every 36 minutes and score 1 every 90 minutes.....that is not bad luck nor is it a hallmark of a better side with a plan

Fuck me, you can see what Sheridan is trying to do, that is all i meant. You can surely see is trying to get them to pass and move and score more goals. I didn't have a clue what Kelly was trying to acheive. That's all i was saying. I didn't insinuate its a hall mark of bad luck. Quite the opposite really. I said calling it bad luck won't get us many points. It's not bad luck it's shit defending.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

The word imagine is pretty apt. It's not just you but it's become another OWTB fact that these players aren't liked by Shez and weren't picked by him after a trial based on absolutely zero evidence

Didn't he say just that about Qeensey?

7 hours ago, Scapegoat said:

It's a results business - and Shez's since securing safety last season is pretty awful, and one that might get him sacked at many clubs, and possible ours in the near future.

Yes it's been a bit better in recent games - but the first few were bloody awful so that difficult - and we are still not good enough, particularly at the back.

Like the man, appreciate what he has done for us, but at this stage I wouldn't be shedding tears or protesting if he went.

For the Shez faithful - what if any point would you question his tenure?  In the drop zone after 10 games, 15 games, 20? The whole season?

If Robinson gets half a season then that is the very very minimum Shez should get. 

6 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

If Robinson gets half a season then that is the very very minimum Shez should get. 

You're right but the fact we're even talking about it is down to the idea that the new owners might want their own man and the circus that's surrounding it allseems to have had a negative effect on Shez and the players (at least that's the perception). 

Robinson had the relative stability of Corney letting him try to finish 19th on the cheap :grin:

Just now, HarryBosch said:

You're right but the fact we're even talking about it is down to the idea that the new owners might want their own man and the circus that's surrounding it allseems to have had a negative effect on Shez and the players (at least that's the perception). 

Robinson had the relative stability of Corney letting him try to finish 19th on the cheap :grin:

How can it affect the players i mean they have contracts if they were that worried they play there bollocks of for shez its bollocks not affecting anyone we are just making stupid decisions and excusses

10 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I don’t expect Shez to be here long. It stinks in my eyes (feels very much like how Kelly was starved of signings, hung out to dry & moves to replace in background made) but if that’s what the cost is for investment then so be it.

That article about Correa the other day originated from what seemed a creditable French speaking website. And translated since by others. I don’t see the information over in France being a “leap” but more genuine moves to sign up Correa. Unlike that bollocks we are reading about a “Citeh” link up which sounds lazy journalism. 

Have to see how it plays out. I don’t see a good ending for Shez tho. 

6 minutes ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

How can it affect the players i mean they have contracts if they were that worried they play there bollocks of for shez its bollocks not affecting anyone we are just making stupid decisions and excusses

Yes but, in my minds eye they're an over precious bunch of old women who'll grasp any opportunity to feel sorry for themselves....

I apologise to them unreservedly if I'm wrong :lol: 

2 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I don’t expect Shez to be here long. It stinks in my eyes but if that’s what the cost is for investment then so be it. That article about Correa the other day originated from what seemed a creditable French speaking website. And translated since by others. I don’t see the information over in France being a “leap” but more genuine moves to sign up Correa. Unlike that bollocks we are reading about a “Citeh” link up which sounds lazy journalism. 

Have to see how it plays out. I don’t see a good ending for Shez tho. 

I really do believe they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they didn't at least "use" Shez until January or the end of the season. 

Which worries me....

That said, if Correa had been replacing Robinson, Dunn, Kelly, Johnson or Dickov I'd have been buzzing.....

Archived