Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

I've been a fan for 30 years.  With the exception of 5 years, which I think cemented us as over-achievers and the darlings of the early 90s football, the remaining 25 has been painful.  Over those 25 years that image has been watered down or tarnished as we've slipped back into obscurity.  Even our fans have abandoned us, apathetic over constant failure.

If our squad today had >50% Man City players or Nancy players or from wherever AND they strengthened our team, leading to promotion, then I'm seriously not fussed.  We'd still have our identity; our blue shirts, owl on our badge and I bet the fans would return regardless of who we field and where they come from.

The truth is we've always been a feeder club in some shape or form and will remain to be - Croft, Kilkenny, Ripley three examples.  We get them on loan, develop them and they return to their parent club.  Most clubs apart from the top 6 are similar as they attract players from other clubs, nurture them and then a bigger club comes along and snatches them or they return to a parent club.

If it means playing in the Championship, attracting a better calibre if player and, dare I say it, flirting with a return to the Prem then I don't care who we field in our 11.  For that month, three-month six-month or season, the player is contracted to us, wearing our shirt, we're chanting their name.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ChaddySmoker said:

I know that you are being facetious but a billionaire would buy a much bigger club than us.

It doesnt take anything like that in funds

I'm not being facetious at all  The club has been for sale to the right person for years and we are yet to see anyone other than Mr Lemsagam turn up

Just now, Dave_Og said:

I'm not being facetious at all  The club has been for sale to the right person for years and we are yet to see anyone other than Mr Lemsagam turn up

It has perhaps been for sale to the right person but never at the right price!

From my understanding this isnt a sale, this is a move in a new direction assisted by someone elses funds

3 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

It has perhaps been for sale to the right person but never at the right price!

From my understanding this isnt a sale, this is a move in a new direction assisted by someone elses funds

All seems very shady to me, struggling to see what this guys intentions are.

Rectificatif

Suite à l’article paru ce dimanche dans nos colonnes, Pablo Correa nous demande de préciser qu’il ne s’est finalement pas rendu à Oldham. Dont acte.

Christian FRICHET

This, from regional Nancy rag "Vosges matin", yesterday morning. "following an article that appeared in Sundays edition, Pablo Correa asks us to clarify that in the end, he didn't actually go (return) to Oldham".

1 hour ago, piglinbland said:
Rectificatif

Suite à l’article paru ce dimanche dans nos colonnes, Pablo Correa nous demande de préciser qu’il ne s’est finalement pas rendu à Oldham. Dont acte.

Christian FRICHET

This, from regional Nancy rag "Vosges matin", yesterday morning. "following an article that appeared in Sundays edition, Pablo Correa asks us to clarify that in the end, he didn't actually go (return) to Oldham".

But he was seen by someone on here ? OWTB gospels ......

According to the Nancy forum, he was on 50K a month when they were in D1. Given the strict nature of French employment law, one way or another we'd have to dish out some serious compo to get him to B.P.

Even if the plan is now aborted, that Correa was approached in the first place (and I think he has been) shows there is serious money behind our so-called takeover. Like it or not, this is the moment a lot of us have been dreaming about for some years.

19 minutes ago, piglinbland said:

According to the Nancy forum, he was on 50K a month when they were in D1. Given the strict nature of French employment law, one way or another we'd have to dish out some serious compo to get him to B.P.

Granted, I don't know a great deal about French employment law but why is that ?

Surely, as they've sacked him, he can reach a settlement with them on the remainder of his contract and then take another job without his next employer being involved ?

Even if the plan is now aborted, that Correa was approached in the first place (and I think he has been) shows there is serious money behind our so-called takeover. Like it or not, this is the moment a lot of us have been dreaming about for some years.

All good. Apart from the fact that they sacked him.

2 hours ago, piglinbland said:

It just seems unbelieveable to me that he as on bascically 2/3 million Euro that's 600k per year with Nancy.

I know the £ has dropped v the Euro because of Brexit but even in 2013 when he was last appointed  was still 1.25 and that's 1/2m per year.

21 hours ago, rudemedic said:

New article http://sportwitness.co.uk/update-france-regarding-pablo-correa-oldham-manager-making-multiple-trips/

Original French article http://www.estrepublicain.fr/sport-lorrain/2017/09/16/correa-est-retourne-a-oldham

Translation of original French article (Google Translate):

When President Jacques Rousselot and his former ex-coach Pablo Correa met Thursday night, as scheduled previously to negotiate the end of the adventure, the Franco-Uruguayan returned from a mini-stay in England. Oldham, more precisely, club of the region of Manchester which evolves at the third level but displays new ambitions since a certain Abdallah Lemsagam undertook to redeem it.
This Moroccan, who has been working as an agent and a matchmaker for many years, knows Pablo Correa for having frequented him during transfers (or attempts) with ASNL. He also knows the many Moroccan internationals who have worn or still wear the jersey with Chardon.
His Speciality ? Qatar and Saudi Arabia, where he has long held the keys of entry. For a few seasons, he has widely opened his horizon. In particular, he is in close contact with Waldemar Kita, President of Nantes. Which could also deposit some marbles at Oldham.
The change of capital within the club is not yet completely finalized. When it is effective, it will be accompanied by modifications in the technical staff. That's where Pablo Correa comes in. On Saturday, he set off again for England. Proof that the key is serious.
Correa alone from?
Contrary to what one might think, the exile of Correa towards Oldham hardly modifies the conditions of its rupture with Nancy. It will be understood at the outset of this conflict, which is not one, that President Rousselot does not want to re-enter the proceedings with those whom he still considers his friend. For his part, Pablo Correa has always said that he defended his rights, so he claims his year and a half contract. More than one million euros. He will not make a gift of it, but it will probably facilitate a phased payment, which will also enable him to set course on Oldham without delay. Undoubtedly this week, a quick issue is desirable for everyone.
The departure of Correa should be the only change in the organization chart. His reclassification as sporting director, considered for a time by Jacques Rousselot himself, also met with the will of the technician to train for a while.
Thus, also because it was in opposition with Correa and even Vincent Hognon, the eviction of Paul Fischer seems thus abandoned or at least deferred. And the appointment of a second assistant to the professional team will be done by internal promotion. Laurent Moracchini could very well make the third, as it was possible at one time.

This seems to indicate that he has been earning around 600k euros a year. Maybe his payoff would get him here cheaper, but I doubt it. Abdallah must have serious money to pay this for a manager. Hopefully the players he brings in (if it happens) will not be earning similar amounts, otherwise it will cause serious ructions in the dressing room as Leyton Orient found out.  

14 minutes ago, al_bro said:

This seems to indicate that he has been earning around 600k euros a year. Maybe his payoff would get him here cheaper, but I doubt it. Abdallah must have serious money to pay this for a manager. Hopefully the players he brings in (if it happens) will not be earning similar amounts, otherwise it will cause serious ructions in the dressing room as Leyton Orient found out.  

He'll just be being payed by them until the end of the contract you'd imagine?

If he does alright here then other English clubs will be interested.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

All good. Apart from the fact that they sacked him.

Not sacked, suspended from his function as manager. And if they decide to keep him on in a lesser role, by law, they can't pay him less than he earns at present. So the only way he can rock up at Oldham is if he resigns - and in doing so he forfeits his wage and eventual severance package. As I say, if he has indeed been courted by our secret investor, it smacks of big money.

7 minutes ago, piglinbland said:

Not sacked, suspended from his function as manager. And if they decide to keep him on in a lesser role, by law, they can't pay him less than he earns at present. So the only way he can rock up at Oldham is if he resigns - and in doing so he forfeits his wage and eventual severance package. As I say, if he has indeed been courted by our secret investor, it smacks of big money.

Didn't realise he hadn't actually been sacked.

However, isn't this really  just like any manager sacking over here ? i.e.  Manager is relieved of their duties and negotiations on a severance package begin but, in the meantime, the manager continues to receive full pay until an agreement is reached.

Often, when a manager has a new job lined up that he'd like to go to, he's willing to accept a smaller pay off because he can't take a new job without reaching an agreement.  But, if he has nothing lined up and they can't agree a deal, the club can end up paying him until the end of his contract.

I seem to remember that City were paying 5 or 6 managers at the same time a few years ago.

It could still be the case that he'd be on much less money here but is using the threat of not taking the job here to get himself a better pay off. Normally both parties end up meeting somewhere near the middle in these situations. Anthough I read recently that Van Gaal took United for the full amount left on his contract because he felt he'd been treated badly and was happy to retire anyway.

Bloody hell, they won't leave off...

http://www.footmercato.net/flash-mercato/une-touche-en-angleterre-pour-pablo-correa_210587

"Illustrious manager of AS Nancy between 2002 and 2017, pablo Correa may well attempt a second "affair", far from his beloved region, Lorraine, after his dalliance with Evian in 2013. This Tuesday (19/9/2017) France Football reveals that the 50 year old Uruguayan has been approached by Oldham Athletic AFC (3rd div. England).

Relieved of his post as manager at AS Nancy at the end of august, leaving the club in 15th position in league 2, Correa has been so far as to visit England last week, in order to discuss things with the British directors..."

Bloody hell, they won't leave off...

http://www.footmercato.net/flash-mercato/une-touche-en-angleterre-pour-pablo-correa_210587

"Illustrious manager of AS Nancy between 2002 and 2017, pablo Correa may well attempt a second "affair", far from his beloved region, Lorraine, after his dalliance with Evian in 2013. This Tuesday (19/9/2017) France Football reveals that the 50 year old Uruguayan has been approached by Oldham Athletic AFC (3rd div. England).

Relieved of his post as manager at AS Nancy at the end of august, leaving the club in 15th position in league 2, Correa has been so far as to visit England last week, in order to discuss things with the British directors..."

I assume he was testing the waters with Evian?

Archived