Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

17 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Yes but, in my minds eye they're an over precious bunch of old women who'll grasp any opportunity to feel sorry for themselves....

I apologise to them unreservedly if I'm wrong :lol: 

i think you should apologise to old women...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, deyres42 said:

We haven't been favourites for any game yet.

Pressure only comes when you are losing games that you really shouldn't be.

Of course we weren't favourites for any/many games.  We were favourites to finish bottom!!

13 hours ago, oafc1000 said:

He's from Venezula i think but yeah he probably does speak better English than Shez to be honest. I am talking about Correa here as he was at the game with Abdullah on Saturday

He's from Uruguay which is about 3,000 miles from Venezuela. 

Akin to saying you think Shez is from Senegal...

51 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

He's from Uruguay which is about 3,000 miles from Venezuela. 

Akin to saying you think Shez is from Senegal...

That's why i said i think Harry! Wasn't sure. I know were Shez is from so wouldn't have to think about it. ???

New article http://sportwitness.co.uk/update-france-regarding-pablo-correa-oldham-manager-making-multiple-trips/

Original French article http://www.estrepublicain.fr/sport-lorrain/2017/09/16/correa-est-retourne-a-oldham

Translation of original French article (Google Translate):

When President Jacques Rousselot and his former ex-coach Pablo Correa met Thursday night, as scheduled previously to negotiate the end of the adventure, the Franco-Uruguayan returned from a mini-stay in England. Oldham, more precisely, club of the region of Manchester which evolves at the third level but displays new ambitions since a certain Abdallah Lemsagam undertook to redeem it.
This Moroccan, who has been working as an agent and a matchmaker for many years, knows Pablo Correa for having frequented him during transfers (or attempts) with ASNL. He also knows the many Moroccan internationals who have worn or still wear the jersey with Chardon.
His Speciality ? Qatar and Saudi Arabia, where he has long held the keys of entry. For a few seasons, he has widely opened his horizon. In particular, he is in close contact with Waldemar Kita, President of Nantes. Which could also deposit some marbles at Oldham.
The change of capital within the club is not yet completely finalized. When it is effective, it will be accompanied by modifications in the technical staff. That's where Pablo Correa comes in. On Saturday, he set off again for England. Proof that the key is serious.
Correa alone from?
Contrary to what one might think, the exile of Correa towards Oldham hardly modifies the conditions of its rupture with Nancy. It will be understood at the outset of this conflict, which is not one, that President Rousselot does not want to re-enter the proceedings with those whom he still considers his friend. For his part, Pablo Correa has always said that he defended his rights, so he claims his year and a half contract. More than one million euros. He will not make a gift of it, but it will probably facilitate a phased payment, which will also enable him to set course on Oldham without delay. Undoubtedly this week, a quick issue is desirable for everyone.
The departure of Correa should be the only change in the organization chart. His reclassification as sporting director, considered for a time by Jacques Rousselot himself, also met with the will of the technician to train for a while.
Thus, also because it was in opposition with Correa and even Vincent Hognon, the eviction of Paul Fischer seems thus abandoned or at least deferred. And the appointment of a second assistant to the professional team will be done by internal promotion. Laurent Moracchini could very well make the third, as it was possible at one time.

22 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

New article http://sportwitness.co.uk/update-france-regarding-pablo-correa-oldham-manager-making-multiple-trips/

Original French article http://www.estrepublicain.fr/sport-lorrain/2017/09/16/correa-est-retourne-a-oldham

Translation of original French article (Google Translate):

When President Jacques Rousselot and his former ex-coach Pablo Correa met Thursday night, as scheduled previously to negotiate the end of the adventure, the Franco-Uruguayan returned from a mini-stay in England. Oldham, more precisely, club of the region of Manchester which evolves at the third level but displays new ambitions since a certain Abdallah Lemsagam undertook to redeem it.
This Moroccan, who has been working as an agent and a matchmaker for many years, knows Pablo Correa for having frequented him during transfers (or attempts) with ASNL. He also knows the many Moroccan internationals who have worn or still wear the jersey with Chardon.
His Speciality ? Qatar and Saudi Arabia, where he has long held the keys of entry. For a few seasons, he has widely opened his horizon. In particular, he is in close contact with Waldemar Kita, President of Nantes. Which could also deposit some marbles at Oldham.
The change of capital within the club is not yet completely finalized. When it is effective, it will be accompanied by modifications in the technical staff. That's where Pablo Correa comes in. On Saturday, he set off again for England. Proof that the key is serious.
Correa alone from?
Contrary to what one might think, the exile of Correa towards Oldham hardly modifies the conditions of its rupture with Nancy. It will be understood at the outset of this conflict, which is not one, that President Rousselot does not want to re-enter the proceedings with those whom he still considers his friend. For his part, Pablo Correa has always said that he defended his rights, so he claims his year and a half contract. More than one million euros. He will not make a gift of it, but it will probably facilitate a phased payment, which will also enable him to set course on Oldham without delay. Undoubtedly this week, a quick issue is desirable for everyone.
The departure of Correa should be the only change in the organization chart. His reclassification as sporting director, considered for a time by Jacques Rousselot himself, also met with the will of the technician to train for a while.
Thus, also because it was in opposition with Correa and even Vincent Hognon, the eviction of Paul Fischer seems thus abandoned or at least deferred. And the appointment of a second assistant to the professional team will be done by internal promotion. Laurent Moracchini could very well make the third, as it was possible at one time.

If we're getting marbles deposited by Nantes I hope they're beauts. 

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Whatever happens can't we just decide either way and get it done, it's dragging on longer than a slugs ball bag and at this rate we'll be relegated - ironically at a time when we have regained a smidging of hope.

I think this is going to drag on and on for a number of weeks yet nothing we can do about it just try and "enjoy" the football for now and hope that it works out.

14 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Shit, we could end up like just another Bournemouth. 

I'm sorry but I can't see - from what I've seen/read at this stage (which, admittedly, isn't a great deal.)

Looks like we're being used as a feeder club for Lemsagam and Nantes if the French articles are to be believed. Judging on the new faces we've seen over the last couple of weeks then it appears to be going that way.

I would love to be proved wrong however.

Out of interest what is our identity that people seem to raise concerns about losing.

We are Oldham Athletic which won't change.

We struggle year after year in the 3Rd division.

We struggle financially year after year.

We have a club legend in charge who in several spells player or manager has never won a thing (I love him by the way)

We were good in the late 80s early 90s

We hate City & Utd and dont want to feed any bigger clubs.

We have a decent away following which seems to give half our an fans a hard on for some reason.

Our home fans constantly chant about what a shit hole Oldham is!

So what identity do we lose if this takeover happens? 

37 minutes ago, Latics_Fanatic said:

I'm sorry but I can't see - from what I've seen/read at this stage (which, admittedly, isn't a great deal.)

Looks like we're being used as a feeder club for Lemsagam and Nantes if the French articles are to be believed. Judging on the new faces we've seen over the last couple of weeks then it appears to be going that way.

I would love to be proved wrong however.

We shall all just have to wait and see. Hopefully it won't be too long before things become clearer. The way we were going though, it was getting pretty close to the bone, death by 1,000 cuts etc. I know we'd all love to see the team and the club on the up, so I am waiting in hopeful expectation!

40 minutes ago, Latics_Fanatic said:

Why? We've got one lad from Nantes...

If Lemsagam is buying us, or buying in, and he has a connection with Nantes that he can use to loan us good players that will get us up the table - or better - rather than us loaning largely shite like we have in the past what's the problem? 

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

Why? We've got one lad from Nantes...

If Lemsagam is buying us, or buying in, and he has a connection with Nantes that he can use to loan us good players that will get us up the table - or better - rather than us loaning largely shite like we have in the past what's the problem? 

Except the one we have from Nantes has only figured for 15 minutes in the first team.

10 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Out of interest what is our identity that people seem to raise concerns about losing.

We are Oldham Athletic which won't change. We struggle year after year in the 3Rd division. We struggle financially year after year.

We have a club legend in charge who in several spells player or manager has never won a thing (I love him by the way) We were good in the late 80s early 90s

We hate City & Utd and font want to feed any bigger clubs. We have a decent away following which seems to give half our an fans a hard.

But what identity do we lose if this takeover happens? 

We have lost already a great deal of what we used to be BUT that doesnt mean that we should simply give up because it suits Corney to sell/get out,

We should bring through local lads from our youth and pick up those released from other clubs and turn them into better players & selling some.

Just like Rochdale do before deyres42 says it.

Archived