Philliskirk

11 minutes ago, bigdaftchris said:

Just seeing him on the touchline makes me feel better about things, can't underestimate the influence he has had on the team,and a great partnership with wellens 

Well said, probably been overlooked so far in all the positive vibe about our results. And of course, he's done it yet again,

3 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Almost worth scrapping the youths to make the decision for him

I would think he could then rightly claim redundancy.

I don't know what the management hierarchy is but one assumes that Philliskirk answers to the manager, despite the fact that he would have probably been manager if he was interested.

The club need to do whatever they can to keep him on board, there were moments today when he was rightfully giving credit to a player 50 yards from play for something they'd done well a few seconds before. It was interesting that Scholes was brought in to advise on technical questions, I'd stick Philliskirk on the interview panel and make it clear that it is as a peer and not a subordinate.

The number of times he has been part of a good run of form is getting hard to count, it certainly isn't a coincidence.

23 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

I would think he could then rightly claim redundancy.

I don't know what the management hierarchy is but one assumes that Philliskirk answers to the manager, despite the fact that he would have probably been manager if he was interested.

The club need to do whatever they can to keep him on board, there were moments today when he was rightfully giving credit to a player 50 yards from play for something they'd done well a few seconds before. It was interesting that Scholes was brought in to advise on technical questions, I'd stick Philliskirk on the interview panel and make it clear that it is as a peer and not a subordinate.

The number of times he has been part of a good run of form is getting hard to count, it certainly isn't a coincidence.

Has scholes been brought in on a contracted or voluntary basis.?

Who was the tall dark haired guy in the technical area?

25 minutes ago, astottie said:

Has scholes been brought in on a contracted or voluntary basis.?

Who was the tall dark haired guy in the technical area?

Think Scholes was voluntary.

Are you thinking of Carlo Nash as he was active in the technical area today.

On 14/10/2017 at 9:20 PM, oafcmetty said:

Almost worth scrapping the youths to make the decision for him

He's always said why would he give up as secure a job as you can have in football for one where he'd almostly certainly be sacked within 3 years.

He'll give it a crack once he decides to retire I reckon.

3 years maximum to a nice nest egg as a payoff. 

On 14/10/2017 at 9:56 PM, Fruitygoo said:

Posted on twitter at half time that whenever hes involved we improve  its been that way for years... Absolute club legend

I agree but, playing devil's advocate, he's only ever involved when we've just sacked someone and all we can do is improve..

10 minutes ago, manshaw said:

Thats a bit harsh....he has a very good reputation with the Youths.

I wasn't intending to be harsh, just pointing out the obvious flaw in the (correct) assertion that we always improve when he's involved, i.e that we should.

We might not do without his involvement. 

2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I wasn't intending to be harsh, just pointing out the obvious flaw in the (correct) assertion that we always improve when he's involved, i.e that we should.

TP always plays 4-4-2 and it's possible he's had some input into the team formation.

2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Ah the written word, can sometimes be misinterpreted. Apologies my friend