127 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mouldy Old Dough?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Stagger Lee said:

111 feeling positive about the song

8 miserable gits

The song is here to stay I would say.  :latics:

IIRC there were a few years of not playing it because of copyrights or fees, did we cough up actual cash or did things change over the fees?

I believe that if we were to use the song as a "theme tune" in the way Everton use the Z cars thing,the copyright fees are very expensive.

Used,as incidental music,OUR song becomes affordable !

1 hour ago, Stagger Lee said:

111 feeling positive about the song

8 miserable gits

The song is here to stay I would say.  :latics:

IIRC there were a few years of not playing it because of copyrights or fees, did we cough up actual cash or did things change over the fees?

Good question, was wondering that myself. There was definitely some kind of licensing issue a while ago which meant we would have had to pay lots for the right to play it. For me we have to keep it, incredibly nostalgic.

A previous post mentioned Everton and Z Cars which is an obvious connection, but unless my ears deceived me did I hear Watford on MOTD recently coming out on the pitch and Z Cars playing there in the background? 

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

Good question, was wondering that myself. There was definitely some kind of licensing issue a while ago which meant we would have had to pay lots for the right to play it. For me we have to keep it, incredibly nostalgic.

A previous post mentioned Everton and Z Cars which is an obvious connection, but unless my ears deceived me did I hear Watford on MOTD recently coming out on the pitch and Z Cars playing there in the background? 

The PRS fee for all music went from £700 a year to £3,900. I seem to remember it came back after a sponsorship deal with HMV?

http://www.oldham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=146754