Mouldy Old Dough

Mouldy Old Dough  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mouldy Old Dough?

• Yes
    • No

As much as it is antiquated, it is quintessentially us and must remain in the build up somewhere.

Having said that a bouncier theme just before kick off would be more appropriate. As much as i do not like U2 and their political shenanigans, elevation would be awesome.

Wellensation! woo woo 

Wellevation! Woo woo

Edited by L1onheartNew

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Any other club use Mouldy Old Dough? 

Probably not.

It's ours then. ?

No I dont think its used anywhereelse it literally is the most unique song for a football club I only ever hear it at Boundary Park nowherelse in the country so for that reason it must always stay.

I would not listen to the song for the sake of listening to music but I love to hear it at Latics. I absolutely hate 'Meat Pie, Sausage Roll...' along with the pathetic 'Keep the Faith'. Pies, Bovril, mind-numbing cold and cigarette smoke, stood in a somewhat rickety stand...and the noise...real football. :D 

Edited by Wardie

Just now, Wardie said:

I would not listen to song for the sake of listening to music but I love to hear it at Latics. I absolutely hate 'Meat Pie, Sausage Roll...' along with the pathetic 'Keep the Faith'. Pies, Bovril, mind-numbing cold and cigarette smoke, stood in a somewhat rickety stand...and the noise...real football. :D 

Earliest memories of going to Latics, Oversized Meat and Potato Pies, tobacco smoke, Oxo, bog rolls thrown onto the pitch as the teams come out. Clinging to the Chaddy Fence, scrambling for autographs pre-game and EVERY game pre-match announcer starts his day with 'Mouldy Old Dough' - BIG part of Latics Tradition for me.

The guy on the radio last night is a winding up cock womble that deserves his Season Ticket cancelling for the mere suggestion that an unfunny shittyditty written by an equally unfunny Red Scummer in an attempt to take the piss out of us should replace a big BP tradition...

Mouldy Old Dough is part of the club.

When we won the old 3rd Div in 1974 ( I think) it was great to see the lads come out to Mouldy Old Dough.  Ian Wood, Maurice Whittle, the great Alan Groves, Colin Garwood, George McVitie, etc.  I could name loads more.  Footy was different then though.  They tried to stay on their feet unlike the fairies we watch now.  I'll say no more.