Fleetwood (H)

No game is a guaranteed win of course, but this game and the Bristol Rovers game are good home matches to have to finish the year.

My team (injuries or illness permitting) would be:

Placide

Dummigan

Gerrard

Bryan

Hunt

Gardner

Byrne

Fane

Obadeyi

Davies

Doyle

A couple of debatable positions, I'd pick Obadeyi and Davies over Nepomuceno and Holloway as both of them can drift to either flank and be effective, which would allow Byrne to have more of an effect centrally.

I think Holloway would do absolutely fine alongside Doyle but is slightly more effective off the bench.  Nepomuceno and Obadeyi is a tough call but Nepo's delivery on Saturday (just like McLaughlin) wasn't great and Obadeyi's was better.

Don't be fooled by yesterday's heavy defeat, we are still functioning well as a team and going back to a 4 man defence (hopefully with Bryan back) will make a big difference.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Andy-latic said:

Fleetwoods last 9 league games: Lost 6, Drawn 3....  It's a must win if we want to stay in the hunt 

In the hunt for what ? The mid table hunt ? The not in a relegation battle hunt ? Both of which are better than previous years efforts. But I keep reading this and thinking have we been in any hunt at all ? If it wasn’t for such a piss poor start we would then be in the hunt. Sorry if I’m coming across as a bit of a hunt btw

We would actually be in the hunt if we had taken the opportunities offered over the last month like winning away at Plymouth.  Starting 2018 in the top half would have made the playoffs a difficult but possible outcome.  We needed two points a game and not one.

26 minutes ago, Hands on said:

We would actually be in the hunt if we had taken the opportunities offered over the last month like winning away at Plymouth.  Starting 2018 in the top half would have made the playoffs a difficult but possible outcome.  We needed two points a game and not one.

And just imagine if we’d have won our first ten games consecutively we’d be pushing for the title and Plymouth would have just lay down and given us the 3 points......

On 25 December 2017 at 9:41 AM, simplythemostimportantkick said:

In the hunt for what ? The mid table hunt ? The not in a relegation battle hunt ? Both of which are better than previous years efforts. But I keep reading this and thinking have we been in any hunt at all ? If it wasn’t for such a piss poor start we would then be in the hunt. Sorry if I’m coming across as a bit of a hunt btw

Haha maybe I should have said 'get in the hunt' rather than stay! 

1 minute ago, robboman said:

Or maybe Preston don’t want to risk injury before a potential sale ?

Arent any restrictions on when or who you can play against set out in the original loan agreement - can’t imagine a Club is allowed to just say stop playing him cos we are selling him in a couple of days - if that was the case surely they’d recall him 

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

It's defo a worry.

Yep, don’t want to be negative but just can’t see there is much chance we can hold on to him or Byrne as its only ever money that matters in football these days.

im sure Doyle has enjoyed his time with us but will no doubt be happily celebrating with the Scunny fans, or whoever, next week...it’s just the way football is at our level now