Welcome Abdallah, a new dawn

Should Simon Corney vacate lock, stock and barrel?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Should Simon Corney vacate lock, stock and barrel?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Do explain. 

As corney is effectively a front for his asset stripping mates its makes sense to have them onside.

AL will know full well what TTAs agenda is.

Unfortunately he has to deal with them..

Personally if i saw ANY of them again it would be far too soon.

Just now, rigsby said:

As corney is effectively a front for his asset stripping mates its makes sense to have them onside.

AL will know full well what TTAs agenda is.

Unfortunately he has to deal with them..

Personally if i saw ANY of them again it would be far too soon.

Yeah.... You didn’t explain. Thanks for trying. 

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Yeah.... You didn’t explain. Thanks for trying. 

I aim to please..

You just keep walking around in your happy daze..

If you cant see its bad news having the TTA( the three assholes) anywhere near the club goodluck toya.

Just now, rigsby said:

I aim to please..

You just keep walking around in your happy daze..

If you cant see its bad news having the TTA( the three assholes) anywhere near the club goodluck toya.

So what are you going to do about? What’s your plan?  To just sit and bitch about it forever?  That’ll show ‘em! 

Just now, kowenicki said:

So what are you going to do about? What’s your plan?  To just sit and bitch about it forever?  That’ll show ‘em! 

Ive already said.. boycott ANYTHING they are involved in.

Whats yours?

Happy clapping?

Thank You Simon for sticking with us through the years and just about keeping us going.It must have been bloody hard for you.           Its now time for you to be back with your family. A new chapter begins for Oldham Athletic today.  Abdallah comes across as a sincere guy and we wish him well.

6 minutes ago, forever blue said:

Thank You Simon for sticking with us through the years and just about keeping us going.It must have been bloody hard for you.           Its now time for you to be back with your family. A new chapter begins for Oldham Athletic today.  Abdallah comes across as a sincere guy and we wish him well.

:petesake:

16 hours ago, rudemedic said:

That’s no way to talk about your mate Barry?

Seriously, the OEC and land still being owned by Brassbank makes me think until that is resolved it makes a lot of sense to keep Corney around. The last thing AL wants is for Brassbank to put the rent up 50000% but only to be told 4 days later by letter.

Corney to stay, Owen and Hill to leave- I’m not really sure what they would offer AL anyway.

I think it would be legitimate for Trust members to question if Simon Brooke continued as Trust representative to the Board too, as new Board = new Trust rep. However, that’s a decision for the trust and I wouldn’t be surprised if Simon kept his role.

Can we all just ask ourselves why do we think Simon Corney is no longer a partner in any of these businesses?  I think if the members care to put in writing what they think the reason is it should make for some amusing reading.

14 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Pointless poll. Kept his promise and he’ll be gone soon enough. 

why is it pointless? seems quite a few like to vote. Each to their own.

Yes, the one promise to find an investor as been kept, what about his tenure over all?

7 hours ago, OLDHAM MUMPS said:

What he said

In fact I think its a good thing ..... as long as he is well and truely gone for the start of next season

If its good next season, surely it's good now. AL has plenty good people around him for advice.

9 minutes ago, Lags said:

why is it pointless? seems quite a few like to vote. Each to their own.

Yes, the one promise to find an investor as been kept, what about his tenure over all?

Obviously pretty dismal.  I don’t recall any alternatives though and it’s done now so we move on.  

Coventry founders of the premier league where are they? I remember Grimsby and Southend in the championship with us, one in the same league, one in the conference not long ago. The list goes on, what ever way u spin it we are still in league 1, giving al a shot at the two leagues above us. This has come at significant cost to corney financially and personally no doubt. Now he has found a buyer, give the guy a break

8 hours ago, disjointed said:

Is anyone suggesting he has piled millions in. By whatever means he has kept the club in business, he doesn't deserve some of the vitriol posted on here, but then again some of the plaudits are over the top. I suggest it is somewhere between the 2, in fairness the bloke has most probably made the majority of his decisions with the best interest of the club at heart.

There's  a suggestion in this thread that he's bankrolled us.

But the debt has risen by millions.

Those millions have not been invested by Corney.

Abdalallah's decosions over the next week are going to be crucial.

Obviously Doyle coming in is a coup and hopefully vital but will he perform to the same level.

But that could be 10 games, who knows.

I can't see 5 win in those 10 games, so we could be in real rouble by then.

13 minutes ago, singe said:

Obviously Doyle coming in is a coup and hopefully vital but will he perform to the same level.

Might as well pay them in roubles

46 minutes ago, singe said:

He is the man in charge now, so we shall all see how he handles the current situation. Doyle's return will most likely be too late, even if he does hit a rich vein of form again...which will be a big ask of the man. Wellens says he wants to sign him on a permanent in the the close season. I highly doubt that will happen as Wellens may not be here and Latics are looking increasingly likely to be in League Two. But, you never know, fortunes can turn on a sixpence.

6 hours ago, latics22 said:

Coventry founders of the premier league where are they? I remember Grimsby and Southend in the championship with us, one in the same league, one in the conference not long ago. The list goes on, what ever way u spin it we are still in league 1, giving al a shot at the two leagues above us. This has come at significant cost to corney financially and personally no doubt. Now he has found a buyer, give the guy a break

Personal Cost? what cost....